* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-28 17:42 Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2016-07-28 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Greetings,

I don't see U-Boot support for the TechNexion designed/built LS1021A-IoT.
I've got one on my desk and am still muddling through the
overly-complicated NXP BSP and I haven't found where they are building
U-Boot from yet or with what patchset.

Is this board supported by perhaps a config I'm not seeing in U-Boot master?

Thanks,

Tim

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-28 17:50 ` york sun
From: york sun @ 2016-07-28 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 07/28/2016 10:42 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I don't see U-Boot support for the TechNexion designed/built
> LS1021A-IoT. I've got one on my desk and am still muddling through the
> overly-complicated NXP BSP and I haven't found where they are building
> U-Boot from yet or with what patchset.
>
> Is this board supported by perhaps a config I'm not seeing in U-Boot master?
>
> Thanks,

Tim,

I don't see other LS1021A boards in U-Boot, other than LS1021AQDS and
LS1021ATWR. I don't think NXP can support third-party boards. Did you
get any software from the vendor?

York

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-29  4:53   ` Tapani
From: Tapani @ 2016-07-29  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 17:50:56 +0000
york sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:

> On 07/28/2016 10:42 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I don't see U-Boot support for the TechNexion designed/built
> > LS1021A-IoT. I've got one on my desk and am still muddling through the
> > overly-complicated NXP BSP and I haven't found where they are building
> > U-Boot from yet or with what patchset.
> >
> > Is this board supported by perhaps a config I'm not seeing in U-Boot master?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Tim,
>
> I don't see other LS1021A boards in U-Boot, other than LS1021AQDS and
> LS1021ATWR. I don't think NXP can support third-party boards. Did you
> get any software from the vendor?
>
> York

York,

The LS1021A-IOT-GW is an NXP board.
It is designed by NXP and support is NXP responsibility.

regards,

//Tapani

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-29 13:47     ` Tim Harvey
       [not found]       ` <c810a240-5b35-efdf-0e40-1192b8c039c6@nxp.com>
From: Tim Harvey @ 2016-07-29 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tapani <tapani@technexion.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 17:50:56 +0000
> york sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/28/2016 10:42 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > I don't see U-Boot support for the TechNexion designed/built
>> > LS1021A-IoT. I've got one on my desk and am still muddling through the
>> > overly-complicated NXP BSP and I haven't found where they are building
>> > U-Boot from yet or with what patchset.
>> >
>> > Is this board supported by perhaps a config I'm not seeing in U-Boot master?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >

>> Tim,
>>
>> I don't see other LS1021A boards in U-Boot, other than LS1021AQDS and
>> LS1021ATWR. I don't think NXP can support third-party boards. Did you
>> get any software from the vendor?
>>
>> York
>
> York,
>
> The LS1021A-IOT-GW is an NXP board.
> It is designed by NXP and support is NXP responsibility.
>
> regards,
>
> //Tapani

Tapani,

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad your logo is all over the
(beautiful) enclosure because NXP's support for this board is horrid
(no board support in mainline uboot or kernel, BSP distributed as a
rar of two segmented ISO's with a really messy and confusing file
structure, tarballs of private repos of clones of ancient versions of
uboot and linux with patches on top). You do have the board on your
website but as you mentioned there is no support detail there.

Tim

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-29 14:58       ` york sun
       [not found]       ` <c810a240-5b35-efdf-0e40-1192b8c039c6@nxp.com>
From: york sun @ 2016-07-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 07/29/2016 06:47 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tapani <tapani@technexion.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 17:50:56 +0000
>> york sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:

>>> Tim,
>>>
>>> I don't see other LS1021A boards in U-Boot, other than LS1021AQDS and
>>> LS1021ATWR. I don't think NXP can support third-party boards. Did you
>>> get any software from the vendor?
>>>
>>> York
>>
>> York,
>>
>> The LS1021A-IOT-GW is an NXP board.
>> It is designed by NXP and support is NXP responsibility.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> //Tapani
>
> Tapani,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. Too bad your logo is all over the
> (beautiful) enclosure because NXP's support for this board is horrid
> (no board support in mainline uboot or kernel, BSP distributed as a
> rar of two segmented ISO's with a really messy and confusing file
> structure, tarballs of private repos of clones of ancient versions of
> uboot and linux with patches on top). You do have the board on your
> website but as you mentioned there is no support detail there.

Tapani,

I never heard of this board. Can you share more details? I can try to
find out which team is responsible and why it is not supported in
mainline U-Boot.

York

@ 2016-07-29 17:19         ` york sun
From: york sun @ 2016-07-29 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 07/29/2016 07:58 AM, york.sun at nxp.com wrote:
> On 07/29/2016 06:47 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tapani <tapani@technexion.com> wrote:

>>> York,
>>>
>>> The LS1021A-IOT-GW is an NXP board.
>>> It is designed by NXP and support is NXP responsibility.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> //Tapani
>>
>> Tapani,
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification. Too bad your logo is all over the
>> (beautiful) enclosure because NXP's support for this board is horrid
>> (no board support in mainline uboot or kernel, BSP distributed as a
>> rar of two segmented ISO's with a really messy and confusing file
>> structure, tarballs of private repos of clones of ancient versions of
>> uboot and linux with patches on top). You do have the board on your
>> website but as you mentioned there is no support detail there.
>>

> Tapani,
>
> I never heard of this board. Can you share more details? I can try to
> find out which team is responsible and why it is not supported in
> mainline U-Boot.

Tim,

I found the team responsible for this board. Will send you a contact
name in a separated email.

York

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-29 20:08           ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2016-07-29 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, york sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
> I found the team responsible for this board. Will send you a contact
> name in a separated email.

Even nicer if someone assumes the responsibility and send the patches
for proper support it. ;-)

* [U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support
@ 2016-07-29 20:13             ` york sun
From: york sun @ 2016-07-29 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 07/29/2016 01:08 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, york sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
>> I found the team responsible for this board. Will send you a contact
>> name in a separated email.
>
> Even nicer if someone assumes the responsibility and send the patches
> for proper support it. ;-)

That would be nice. Let me try to persuade people. Finger crossed. Don't
put your expectation high.

York