* [SPDK] Comparing discovery log page to the spec definition
@ 2019-08-07 12:54 Limor Halutzi
From: Limor Halutzi @ 2019-08-07 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Guys,

I am working on comparing the discovery log page to the spec and I noticed that there is a trello task on this issue (Audit and make fully spec compliant the implementation of the Discovery Log Page) and I have some questions:

  1.  TREQ (byte 03) - We don't need a secure session and in our system this field is set to not specified (0).
Do we need to change it to not required (2)?
What is the different between these two options?
  2.  I compared the log page entry struct with the log page entry from the spec and they are the same.
In addition, I checked that the values are valid to my machine.
What is required to close this task?

Thanks,
Limor

* Re: [SPDK] Comparing discovery log page to the spec definition
@ 2019-09-04 18:02 Walker, Benjamin
From: Walker, Benjamin @ 2019-09-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Wed, 2019-08-14 at 08:08 +0000, Limor Halutzi wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I saw that the TSAS field, byte#1 (RDMA Provider Type - RDMA_PRTYPE) value is
> 0 (not specified).
> We expect that this value will be 2 (Infiniband RoCEV2).
> Everything is working properly and we succeeded to connect but I just wanted
> to verify that the 'not specified' value is OK and supports Infiniband RoCEV2.

The RDMA transport supports RoCEv2, iWARP, and Omnipath. Returning 0 is the
safest choice. If we're able to add code to correctly detect between those 3 we
could return a more specific value.

@ 2019-08-14  8:08 Limor Halutzi

@ 2019-08-09 16:26 Walker, Benjamin
From: Walker, Benjamin @ 2019-08-09 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)