* [bitbake] OECORE_TARGET_SYSROOT and OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT variables not availables ?
@ 2017-01-10 15:41 Karim ATIKI
From: Karim ATIKI @ 2017-01-10 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm using generated Poky SDK to cross-compile our program source-codes, which works fine.

Now I wish to integrate the build of the project into Yocto recipes using our makefiles.

However, some custom parameters in the makefiles are using the variables OECORE_TARGET_SYSROOT  and OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT to manage paths.

But it appears that these 2 variables do not exists when the makefiles are called in a do_compile() function of a recipe.

Is it normal ? Did I did something wrong ?

Should my recipe inherit something specific?

Or should I "source" my "environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi" from the SDK into my recipe file ? (=> not portable)

Thanks.

Z.

* Re: [bitbake] OECORE_TARGET_SYSROOT and OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT variables not availables ?
@ 2017-01-10 19:39 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-01-10 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karim ATIKI, yocto

These are specified differently when using the Yocto build system you
should not be using these variables in your makefiles

@ 2017-01-11  7:22   ` Karim ATIKI
From: Karim ATIKI @ 2017-01-11  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, yocto

Khem,

Ok.

How are they specified using Yocto build system ?

Is there any doc link ?

K.

These are specified differently when using the Yocto build system you should not be using these variables in your makefiles

Hi,

@ 2017-01-11 16:33     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-01-11 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karim ATIKI; +Cc: yocto

STAGING_DIR_HOST and STAGING_DIR_NATIVE are OE variables that can be
used in recipes to point to target and build host sysroots
respectively.