* linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the stm32 tree
@ 2022-05-03 21:27 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-05-03 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Commit

  ee5596ec15d8 ("dt-bindings: rcc: Add optional external ethernet RX clock properties")

is missing a Signed-off-by from its committer.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* RE: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the stm32 tree
@ 2022-05-04  7:28 ` Alexandre TORGUE
From: Alexandre TORGUE @ 2022-05-04  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,

ST Restricted

Actually this patch has been already merged in Rob tree. I just cherry-pick it in my tree to avoid a merge conflict later for other maintainers.
So I didn't add my "Signed-off-by".

Cheers
Alex

@ 2022-05-04  7:41   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-05-04  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alexandre,

On Wed, 4 May 2022 07:28:53 +0000 Alexandre TORGUE <alexandre.torgue@st.com> wrote:

> Actually this patch has been already merged in Rob tree. I just
> cherry-pick it in my tree to avoid a merge conflict later for other
> maintainers. So I didn't add my "Signed-off-by".

You should add a SOB for every patch you add to your published tree.
That includes cherry-picked commits from other trees.

By the way, most maintainers (and Linus and I) are pretty adept at
sorting out merge conflicts (unless they are really complex, or course,
in which case you should probably have created a branch in one fo the
trees containing the conflicting commits from that tree and then merge
that branch into the both trees - and, of course, noted what is
happening in the merge commits).
--

@ 2022-05-04  8:27     ` Alexandre TORGUE
From: Alexandre TORGUE @ 2022-05-04  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen

ST Restricted

Ok I add it now and update the stm32-next branch.

> By the way, most maintainers (and Linus and I) are pretty adept at
> sorting out merge conflicts (unless they are really complex, or
> course, in which case you should probably have created a branch in one
> fo the trees containing the conflicting commits from that tree and
> then merge that branch into the both trees - and, of course, noted what is happening in the merge commits).
> --

I have no doubt that you could have fixed it 😊. It was also easier for me to add my changes on top of it.

Cheers
Alex

@ 2022-06-20 21:51 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-06-20 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)