* [Qemu-devel] Code source modifying
@ 2017-07-10  9:14 Ormaetxea Xabier
From: Ormaetxea Xabier @ 2017-07-10  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello!

I need  to modify the source code of QEMU to apply a little change. My final idea is to prove the utility of a virtual platform as a way of reusing software designed for an obsolete hardware. For that I've created a "real timer", connected to my board. Now... the problem:

My standalone program writes "0xffffffff" in the position 0x95000000 when the timer should start, and "0x00000000" when it have to finish. I want to modify the code so every single (standalone) program step reads the virtual 0x95000000 and changes the value of a gpio. But I can't find how I can read from the source code the virtual memory, and I can't find neither where/how does the program process (step by step) the standalone program.

I don't know if I have explained well my doubts...

Thankyou in advance!

Xabi