* hciattach alternative to change default address after upgrading to BlueZ 5.47
@ 2018-02-12 11:22 sudeepta bhuyan
From: sudeepta bhuyan @ 2018-02-12 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello all,

Prior to upgrading BlueZ to 5.47 in my project, I was using hciattach
to set the UART device's address before starting bluetoothd.

hciattach /dev/ttyS2 bcm43xx flow nosleep xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

However since hciattach is deprecated in newer BlueZ, I am now using
btattach instead to do the same. But btattach does not provide an
option to set the bluetooth address of the device.

What is the standard procedure to set the bluetooth address of the
UART device using newer BlueZ tools?

Thanks,
Sudeepta

* Re: hciattach alternative to change default address after upgrading to BlueZ 5.47
@ 2018-02-12 14:08 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2018-02-12 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sudeepta bhuyan; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Sudeepta,

> Prior to upgrading BlueZ to 5.47 in my project, I was using hciattach
> to set the UART device's address before starting bluetoothd.
>
> hciattach /dev/ttyS2 bcm43xx flow nosleep xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
>
> However since hciattach is deprecated in newer BlueZ, I am now using
> btattach instead to do the same. But btattach does not provide an
> option to set the bluetooth address of the device.
>
> What is the standard procedure to set the bluetooth address of the
> UART device using newer BlueZ tools?

there is btmgmt public-addr command that will work if your driver supports hdev->set_bdaddr. For Broadcom chips that should be fully supported.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: hciattach alternative to change default address after upgrading to BlueZ 5.47
@ 2018-02-14 10:02   ` sudeepta bhuyan
From: sudeepta bhuyan @ 2018-02-14 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Thanks Marcel. I was able to get it done using btmgmt.

Sudeepta