* UX Bug in Sphinx HTML Layout for Programming Guide (and maybe other guides?)
@ 2016-01-13 17:26 Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2016-01-13 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

When you go to this link:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/perf_opt_guidelines.html

There is a bug in the Sphinx layout, where the subchapters of a chapter are
invisible even after the chapter is clicked.

It is a pain when you are trying to figure out the different sections in a
widely variable chapter like the performance chapter, to know which section to
read without having to click one-by-one to find the right part.

I am not sure about what it would take to show the subchapters in the outline
view to make this easier for someone to figure out. Or maybe a TOC for a
chapter at the beginning of the chapter?

This would really help a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthew.

* Re: UX Bug in Sphinx HTML Layout for Programming Guide (and maybe other guides?)
@ 2016-01-14 12:12 ` Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2016-01-14 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2016-01-15 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
> There is a bug in the Sphinx layout, where the subchapters of a chapter
> are invisible even after the chapter is clicked.

Hi Thomas,

I found the issue causing this and I'll submit a patch shortly.

If possible could you apply it a copy of the 2.2 code and rebuild the online docs.

John.

* Re: UX Bug in Sphinx HTML Layout for Programming Guide (and maybe other guides?)
@ 2016-01-16  8:19   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-01-16  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mcnamara, John, Matthew Hall; +Cc: dev

2016-01-15 16:23, Mcnamara, John: