* [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-03 17:01 Christoph Plattner
From: Christoph Plattner @ 2003-11-03 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: parisc-linux

By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
what's the status ?

Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?

Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?

Christoph Plattner

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at

* Re: [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-04 19:30 ` Jean-marc Harang
From: Jean-marc Harang @ 2003-11-04 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: parisc-linux

Le Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:01:47 +0100
Christoph Plattner <christoph.plattner@gmx.at> a =E9crit:

> By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
> what's the status ?
>=20
> Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?
>=20
> Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?
>=20
> Christoph Plattner

Hello,

Sorry, I'm a little late.=20

The status is that, as you said before, we need the MDP panel to get access
to the serial console (port 0 of the panel). I'm looking for this panel and=
think i found one ;)=20

After the blind boot, we can't access to the HP-UX. No login is avaible,
because this E55 is a decommissioned one, a "gift" to the local Linux (and =
other
free software) User Group of my town (Toulouse, France).=20

So we need to make a fresh install of HP-UX. That's why we need the serial
console (cdrom boot).=20

thanks for the informations :)

Jean-marc Harang
--
http://www.culte.org

* Re: [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-05  0:47 ` Grant Grundler
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Grant Grundler @ 2003-11-05  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Plattner; +Cc: parisc-linux

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 06:01:47PM +0100, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
> what's the status ?
> Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?
> Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?

In Feb/March 2003 I pulled together the documents for SCSI and prepared
the NDA for you. I didn't do anything for the Mux since I really don't
know anything about it.  It took fours monthes for my management (sorry,
I'm somewhat bitter about this) to tell me the process had changed and
I need to talk to run the NDA past an internal HP "review board".

I've not taken the steps to do that becuase I'm saturated
with too many projects. But if E55 still means something to you
(and it sounds like it does), I'll charge this windmill as
well. Pokeme again monthly and I'll let you know if/how far I've
gotten on that.

thanks for you "infinite" patience,
grant

* Re: [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-05  6:38   ` Thibaut VARÈNE
From: Thibaut VARÈNE @ 2003-11-05  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Grundler; +Cc: Christoph Plattner, parisc-linux

Le mercredi, 5 nov 2003, =E0 01:47 Europe/Paris, Grant Grundler a =E9crit =
:

> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 06:01:47PM +0100, Christoph Plattner wrote:
>> By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
>> what's the status ?
>> Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?
>> Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?
>
> In Feb/March 2003 I pulled together the documents for SCSI and =
prepared
> the NDA for you. I didn't do anything for the Mux since I really don't
> know anything about it.  It took fours monthes for my management=20
> (sorry,
> I'm somewhat bitter about this) to tell me the process had changed and
> I need to talk to run the NDA past an internal HP "review board".

I've asked for a NDA as well (regarding Spifi and other chips,=20
especially
sound), never got any answer. That was about 5 months ago...

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/=

* Re: [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-05 15:46   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2003-11-05 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Grundler; +Cc: parisc-linux

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:47:46PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 06:01:47PM +0100, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> > By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
> > what's the status ?
> > Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?
> > Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?
>
> In Feb/March 2003 I pulled together the documents for SCSI and prepared
> the NDA for you. I didn't do anything for the Mux since I really don't
> know anything about it.  It took fours monthes for my management (sorry,
> I'm somewhat bitter about this) to tell me the process had changed and
> I need to talk to run the NDA past an internal HP "review board".
>
> I've not taken the steps to do that becuase I'm saturated
> with too many projects. But if E55 still means something to you
> (and it sounds like it does), I'll charge this windmill as
> well. Pokeme again monthly and I'll let you know if/how far I've
> gotten on that.

Ride forward noble Don Quixote!

c.

* Re: [parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status
@ 2003-11-05 21:23   ` Christoph Plattner
From: Christoph Plattner @ 2003-11-05 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Grundler; +Cc: parisc-linux

Don't worry about the "delay", I also have much to do,
and we can hope, that the E55 will not become "out of
interest" for me ...

I know the problem with "organizational overhead" and
I understand the problem.

I only was interested, if there are any news, if there
are new fixes in the driver, etc, etc, ...

Christoph

@ 2003-11-05 21:25     ` Christoph Plattner
From: Christoph Plattner @ 2003-11-05 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thibaut VARÈNE; +Cc: Grant Grundler, parisc-linux

You are also interested in SPIFI ?
That's good, so we can build up a small team developing
on it   :-)

Christoph