* [Tech-board-discuss] self nomination for TAB elections
@ 2018-10-31 15:30 Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2018-10-31 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss

Hello everyone,

I'd like to stand for election again this year, and hope to stay in my
position as TAB chair.  The TAB has been in the news more than usual
lately, and I deeply appreciate the time and energy everyone has spent
finding common ground around the new code of conduct.

There are many different working styles among the kernel projects, and I
feel the quality of our code is closely linked to the quality of our
collaborations.  I really hope the community is able to use this debate
to give maintainers and contributors a better toolbox around improving
the level of discourse in the kernel.

Since starting on the kernel full time in 2000, I’ve mostly worked on
filesystems and storage, especially on the Btrfs filesystem.  I’ve
spent the last five years with Facebook’s kernel team, but I've also
held positions with Fusion-io, Oracle and SUSE.

Please feel free to email me with questions or comments.

Thanks,
Chris

* [Tech-board-discuss] self nomination for TAB elections
@ 2020-08-16 17:51 Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2020-08-16 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss, Kernel Summit Discussions

Hello everyone,

I'd like to stand for election again this year, and hope to stay in my
position as TAB chair.  The Linux Foundation is a key part of the kernel
community, and I deeply value the chances I’ve had to help the LF and
the community work together.  I’m especially grateful for the other
members of the TAB, who always have great advice and ideas.

Since starting on the kernel full time in 2000, I’ve mostly worked on
filesystems and storage, and especially on the Btrfs filesystem.  I’ve
spent the last seven years with Facebook’s kernel team, and I’m
really proud of our work we’re doing to maintain a cycle of features
and bug fixes between our production kernels and upstream.