* CDMA progress?
@ 2011-01-03  9:32 Debayan Banerjee
From: Debayan Banerjee @ 2011-01-03  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

i saw recently that work is being done towards supporting CDMA
devices. Here in India we use the TATA photon brand USB dongle a lot.
The devices are generally Huawei AC1261 and AC1260. Has anyone worked
in the direction of adding support for this. This will potentially
make the MeeGo Netbook UX immensely usable in India atleast.

--
Debayan Banerjee
Software Engineer

* Re: CDMA progress?
@ 2011-01-03 16:01 ` Lei Yu
From: Lei Yu @ 2011-01-03 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Debayan,

On 01/03/2011 01:32 AM, ext Debayan Banerjee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i saw recently that work is being done towards supporting CDMA
> devices. Here in India we use the TATA photon brand USB dongle a lot.
> The devices are generally Huawei AC1261 and AC1260. Has anyone worked
> in the direction of adding support for this. This will potentially
> make the MeeGo Netbook UX immensely usable in India atleast.

Yes, we are actively working on adding CDMA support into ofono.
Currently, the devices we used for testing are two Nokia CDMA devices
listed in our contributions. We do not have plan to support other CDMA
devices yet but if the two USB dongles you mentioned offered more
functionalities (e.g., sending/receive SMS in PDU format), we would like
to look into that. Could you please send us the API reference manual for
the two USB dongles?

Regards,
Lei

* Re: CDMA progress?
@ 2011-01-03 19:27 ` Debayan Banerjee
From: Debayan Banerjee @ 2011-01-03 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On 3 January 2011 15:02, Debayan Banerjee <debayanin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i saw recently that work is being done towards supporting CDMA
> devices. Here in India we use the TATA photon brand USB dongle a lot.
> The devices are generally Huawei AC1261 and AC1260.

Sorry, not AC126* but EC1260 and EC1261.

--
Debayan Banerjee
Software Engineer

* RE: CDMA progress?
@ 2011-01-04 18:40   ` Sullivan, Terrance
From: Sullivan, Terrance @ 2011-01-04 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Lei,

-----On 01/03/2011 10:55 AM Lei Yu wrote-----

> On 01/03/2011 01:32 AM, ext Debayan Banerjee wrote:
> > i saw recently that work is being done towards supporting CDMA
> > devices. Here in India we use the TATA photon brand USB dongle a lot.
> > The devices are generally Huawei AC1261 and AC1260. Has anyone worked
> > in the direction of adding support for this. This will potentially
> > make the MeeGo Netbook UX immensely usable in India atleast.
>
> Yes, we are actively working on adding CDMA support into ofono.
> Currently, the devices we used for testing are two Nokia CDMA devices
> listed in our contributions. We do not have plan to support other
> CDMA devices yet but if the two USB dongles you mentioned offered more
> functionalities (e.g., sending/receive SMS in PDU format), we would like
> to look into that. Could you please send us the API reference manual for
> the two USB dongles?

We here at WindRiver have been working on a dual-mode modem (GSM/CDMA via
active standby) which also handles SMS rx/tx in PDU format and that we
would also like to contribute to oFono. Similarly, we'll be making an API
reference for this modem available here shortly, as we would like to discuss
aspects of its operation so it's a good fit with oFono..

Regards
Terry

* Re: CDMA progress?
@ 2011-01-04 19:03     ` Lei Yu
From: Lei Yu @ 2011-01-04 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi, Terry,

On 01/04/2011 10:40 AM, ext Sullivan, Terrance wrote:
> Hi Lei,
>
> -----On 01/03/2011 10:55 AM Lei Yu wrote-----
>
>> On 01/03/2011 01:32 AM, ext Debayan Banerjee wrote:
>>> i saw recently that work is being done towards supporting CDMA
>>> devices. Here in India we use the TATA photon brand USB dongle a lot.
>>> The devices are generally Huawei AC1261 and AC1260. Has anyone worked
>>> in the direction of adding support for this. This will potentially
>>> make the MeeGo Netbook UX immensely usable in India atleast.
>>
>> Yes, we are actively working on adding CDMA support into ofono.
>> Currently, the devices we used for testing are two Nokia CDMA devices
>> listed in our contributions. We do not have plan to support other
>> CDMA devices yet but if the two USB dongles you mentioned offered more
>> functionalities (e.g., sending/receive SMS in PDU format), we would like
>> to look into that. Could you please send us the API reference manual for
>> the two USB dongles?
>
> We here at WindRiver have been working on a dual-mode modem (GSM/CDMA via
> active standby) which also handles SMS rx/tx in PDU format and that we
> would also like to contribute to oFono. Similarly, we'll be making an API
> reference for this modem available here shortly, as we would like to discuss
> aspects of its operation so it's a good fit with oFono..
>
> Regards
> Terry

Glad to hear that you have found a modem that supports SMS rx/tx in PDU
format. Could you pls share more detailed info on that? We would like to
evaluate if we can use that as our hardware test platform. Also, looking
forward to seeing your contributions to CDMA support in oFono. The more
the merrier.

Regards
Lei

* RE: CDMA progress?