* PXE directory listing incorrectly reported as "success"
@ 2010-01-26 17:08 Robert Millan
From: Robert Millan @ 2010-01-26 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel

Hi,

It appears that directory listing isn't supported by TFTP protocol (so
says our wiki).

Our pxe.c implements grub_pxefs_dir() as a dummy stub that returns
GRUB_ERR_NONE.  This is obviously wrong, as it prevents the user from
noticing that there was a problem, and silently reports an "empty"
directory.  Instead, it should call grub_error ().

Unfortunately, kern/fs.c relies on grub_pxefs_dir() returning
GRUB_ERR_NONE in order to consider probing to be succesful.  If pxe
returned an error, it wouldn't be considered a valid filesystem by
the kernel.

So I'm wondering, what would be a good solution to this?  We could add
a proper probe() function and switch all filesystems to it, but only
for the benefit of pxe it seems a bit overkill.

Does someone have a better idea?

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi

* Re: PXE directory listing incorrectly reported as "success"
@ 2010-01-26 18:03 ` Seth Goldberg
From: Seth Goldberg @ 2010-01-26 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB

  How about returning one entry named 'pxe/tftp doesn't support
directory listing' :).

   --S

@ 2010-01-27  0:03 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2010-01-27  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)