* ipmi inventory
@ 2018-10-18 20:32 Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2018-10-18 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, Brad Bishop

I am trying to find reference to entityID defined in config.yaml for ipmi unventory map. I see different value of entityID for different sections. Is there any documentation which defines what should be entityID and instance for each section.

Regards
-Vijay

* Re: ipmi inventory
@ 2018-10-18 20:37 ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2018-10-18 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka; +Cc: openbmc, Brad Bishop

From the spec:

"Indicates the physical entity that the sensor is monitoring or is otherwise
associated with the sensor. See Table 43-, Entity ID Codes."

Header for that table:

"The Entity ID field is used for identifying the physical entity that a
sensor or device is associated with. If multiple
sensors refer to the same entity, they will have the same Entity ID field
value. For example, if a voltage sensor
and a temperature sensor are both for a ‘Power Supply 1’ entity the Entity
ID in their sensor data records would
both be 10 (0Ah), per the Entity ID table."

Check out the spec on your own for the table. It starts on page 550 as
written in the pdf (although the file itself puts that on page 576)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:33 PM Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka@fb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find reference to entityID defined in config.yaml for ipmi
> unventory map. I see different value of entityID for different sections. Is
> there any documentation which defines what should be entityID and instance
> for each section.
>

> Regards
>
> -Vijay

* Re: ipmi inventory