* bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-18  9:03 hui li
From: hui li @ 2011-05-18  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth
  Cc: haijun.liu, steven.li, ruiyi.zhang, yang.wu, costa.yao, nami.li

Hi, all
 Since GOEP v2.0 has some changes in sdp record, I`d like to add the
two changes in bluez for backwards compatibility with GOEP v1.x:
• The profile version number in the BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
attribute shall be incremented to match the version number of the
enhanced profile specification. If earlier versions of the profile do
not include this SDP attribute it shall be included in revised
versions.
• The SDP records shall include the GoepL2capPsm attribute.

The upper text references Generic Object Exchange Profile v2.0.
The GoepL2capPsm attribute value can be found in Bluetooth SIG
Assigned Numbers – Service Discovery, and this value is 0x0200.

My patch only define GoepL2capPsm and change OPUSH sdp record in
sdptool. I didn`t assign a new variable in svc_info_t struct to
indicate the new l2cap psm value, I used its original psm member to
indicate l2cap psm value.
Also, I didn`t found OPUSH l2cap psm default value in Bluetooth SIG
Assigned Numbers or its spec, so I just choose 0x1015 as its default
value.

I will send my patch later.

Best wishes.
Nami

* Re: bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-20 18:42 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2011-05-20 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hui li
  Cc: linux-bluetooth, haijun.liu, steven.li, ruiyi.zhang, yang.wu,
	costa.yao, nami.li

Hi Hui,

>  Since GOEP v2.0 has some changes in sdp record, I`d like to add the
> two changes in bluez for backwards compatibility with GOEP v1.x:
> • The profile version number in the BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
> attribute shall be incremented to match the version number of the
> enhanced profile specification. If earlier versions of the profile do
> not include this SDP attribute it shall be included in revised
> versions.
> • The SDP records shall include the GoepL2capPsm attribute.
>
> The upper text references Generic Object Exchange Profile v2.0.
> The GoepL2capPsm attribute value can be found in Bluetooth SIG
> Assigned Numbers – Service Discovery, and this value is 0x0200.
>
> My patch only define GoepL2capPsm and change OPUSH sdp record in
> sdptool. I didn`t assign a new variable in svc_info_t struct to
> indicate the new l2cap psm value, I used its original psm member to
> indicate l2cap psm value.
> Also, I didn`t found OPUSH l2cap psm default value in Bluetooth SIG
> Assigned Numbers or its spec, so I just choose 0x1015 as its default
> value.

please do not update opush record details since we are using that one
for qualification and I don't wanna redo all my SDP data.

Just add an opush2 command to sdptool to add a GOEP 2.0 SDP record.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-20 19:40   ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2011-05-20 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann
  Cc: hui li, linux-bluetooth, haijun.liu, steven.li, ruiyi.zhang,
	yang.wu, costa.yao, nami.li

Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wrot=
e:
> Hi Hui,
>
>> =A0Since GOEP v2.0 has some changes in sdp record, I`d like to add the
>> two changes in bluez for backwards compatibility with GOEP v1.x:
>> =95 The profile version number in the BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
>> attribute shall be incremented to match the version number of the
>> enhanced profile specification. If earlier versions of the profile do
>> not include this SDP attribute it shall be included in revised
>> versions.
>> =95 The SDP records shall include the GoepL2capPsm attribute.
>>
>> The upper text references Generic Object Exchange Profile v2.0.
>> The GoepL2capPsm attribute value can be found in Bluetooth SIG
>> Assigned Numbers =96 Service Discovery, and this value is 0x0200.
>>
>> My patch only define GoepL2capPsm and change OPUSH sdp record in
>> sdptool. I didn`t assign a new variable in svc_info_t struct to
>> indicate the new l2cap psm value, I used its original psm member to
>> indicate l2cap psm value.
>> Also, I didn`t found OPUSH l2cap psm default value in Bluetooth SIG
>> Assigned Numbers or its spec, so I just choose 0x1015 as its default
>> value.
>
> please do not update opush record details since we are using that one
> for qualification and I don't wanna redo all my SDP data.
>
> Just add an opush2 command to sdptool to add a GOEP 2.0 SDP record.

Btw, GoepL2capPsm seems to be random/user defined like RFCOMM
channels, maybe we could adopt the non-reserved psm base + original
RFCOMM channel in pre 2.0?

--=20
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

* Re: bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-23  7:05     ` hui li
From: hui li @ 2011-05-23  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Marcel Holtmann, linux-bluetooth, haijun.liu, steven.li,
	ruiyi.zhang, yang.wu, costa.yao, nami.li

2011/5/21 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wr=
ote:
>> Hi Hui,
>>
>>> =A0Since GOEP v2.0 has some changes in sdp record, I`d like to add the
>>> two changes in bluez for backwards compatibility with GOEP v1.x:
>>> =95 The profile version number in the BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
>>> attribute shall be incremented to match the version number of the
>>> enhanced profile specification. If earlier versions of the profile do
>>> not include this SDP attribute it shall be included in revised
>>> versions.
>>> =95 The SDP records shall include the GoepL2capPsm attribute.
>>>
>>> The upper text references Generic Object Exchange Profile v2.0.
>>> The GoepL2capPsm attribute value can be found in Bluetooth SIG
>>> Assigned Numbers =96 Service Discovery, and this value is 0x0200.
>>>
>>> My patch only define GoepL2capPsm and change OPUSH sdp record in
>>> sdptool. I didn`t assign a new variable in svc_info_t struct to
>>> indicate the new l2cap psm value, I used its original psm member to
>>> indicate l2cap psm value.
>>> Also, I didn`t found OPUSH l2cap psm default value in Bluetooth SIG
>>> Assigned Numbers or its spec, so I just choose 0x1015 as its default
>>> value.
>>
>> please do not update opush record details since we are using that one
>> for qualification and I don't wanna redo all my SDP data.
>>
>> Just add an opush2 command to sdptool to add a GOEP 2.0 SDP record.
>
> Btw, GoepL2capPsm seems to be random/user defined like RFCOMM
> channels, maybe we could adopt the non-reserved psm base + original
> RFCOMM channel in pre 2.0?
>
> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Computer Engineer

Hi, Marcel
    So you  mean you don`t wanna to change currently add_opush
,add_ftp and other obex services functions code?
I think instead of opush2, we can add a new goep2 command commonly to
sdptool to update service record like below:

 sdptool goep2 l2cappsm SERVICE

And in cmd_goep2 function, I first get that service original sdp
record, then update profile version, add new GoepL2capPsm attribute ,
and finally update that service record.
How do you think about this way ? It doesn`t influnce original command
and fuctions. If ok, I will send out my patch.
Thanks.

Hi, Luiz
  I think it`s a good idear to adopt the non-reserved psm base +
original RFCOMM channel for the L2CAP Psm. I will change my default
value as your suggestion.

Thanks .
Hui

* Re: bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-23 18:14       ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2011-05-23 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hui li
  Cc: Luiz Augusto von Dentz, linux-bluetooth, haijun.liu, steven.li,
	ruiyi.zhang, yang.wu, costa.yao, nami.li

Hi Hui,

>     So you  mean you don`t wanna to change currently add_opush
> ,add_ftp and other obex services functions code?
> I think instead of opush2, we can add a new goep2 command commonly to
> sdptool to update service record like below:
>
>  sdptool goep2 l2cappsm SERVICE
>
> And in cmd_goep2 function, I first get that service original sdp
> record, then update profile version, add new GoepL2capPsm attribute ,
> and finally update that service record.
> How do you think about this way ? It doesn`t influnce original command
> and fuctions. If ok, I will send out my patch.

just to make one thing perfectly clear here. The sdptool should only be
used for testing. So you can do something like:

	sdptool add --psm 2 opush

And only create the extra GOEP 2.0 if the --psm switch is given. However
it is not acceptable that you break the current behavior.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: bluez patch : Modify OPUSH sdp record when use sdptool for GOEP v2.0
@ 2011-05-24  3:54         ` hui li
From: hui li @ 2011-05-24  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann
  Cc: Luiz Augusto von Dentz, linux-bluetooth, haijun.liu, steven.li,

2011/5/24 Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>:
> Hi Hui,
>
>> =A0 =A0 So you =A0mean you don`t wanna to change currently add_opush
>> ,add_ftp and other obex services functions code?
>> I think instead of opush2, we can add a new goep2 command commonly to
>> sdptool to update service record like below:
>>
>> =A0sdptool goep2 l2cappsm SERVICE
>>
>> And in cmd_goep2 function, I first get that service original sdp
>> record, then update profile version, add new GoepL2capPsm attribute ,
>> and finally update that service record.
>> How do you think about this way ? It doesn`t influnce original command
>> and fuctions. If ok, I will send out my patch.
>
> just to make one thing perfectly clear here. The sdptool should only be
> used for testing. So you can do something like:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0sdptool add --psm 2 opush
>
> And only create the extra GOEP 2.0 if the --psm switch is given. However
> it is not acceptable that you break the current behavior.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

hi, Marcel

  Can you just add below line in sdp.h ?
 #define SDP_ATTR_GOEP_L2CAP_PSM		0x0200

Because bt 3.0 is mainly used for OBEX and PAN, and the upper layer
code like obexd need this attribute id to determin remote device l2cap
psm to support OBEX over L2CAP . And only obex over l2cap can use bt
high speed.  I think this define in bluez will be more suitable than
in upper layer code.
 I just want to see your aptitude on obex14...

Thanks.