* Re: Looking for a good reference, a book, on the Linux kernel
@ 2011-06-06 12:06 Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2011-06-06 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Juhl, ilyes.gouta; +Cc: LKML, kernel

[ QUOTE ]
On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Khaled wrote:
> Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love
> Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daniel Bovet + Marco Cesati

Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro
Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman
  https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
[/QUOTE]

[1] Professional Linux Kernel Architecture (English)

Author: Wolfgang Mauerer
Publisher: Wrox (1st Edition, October 2008)
ISBN-10: 9780470343432
ISBN-13: 978-0470343432
Note: Paperback

[2] Linux-Treiber entwickeln - Eine systematische Einführung in die
Gerätetreiber- und Kernelprogrammierung (German)

Authors: Jürgen Quade / Eva-Katharina Kunst
Publisher: d.punkt (3rd Edition, March 2011)
ISBN 978-3-89864-696-3
Note: Hardcover, Reflecting Linux-kernel 2.6.37

( [2] interesting for people with German language skillz. )

- Sedat -

* Re: Looking for a good reference, a book, on the Linux kernel
@ 2011-06-06 13:39 ` richard -rw- weinberger
From: richard -rw- weinberger @ 2011-06-06 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sedat.dilek; +Cc: Jesper Juhl, ilyes.gouta, LKML, kernel

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com> wrote:
> [2] Linux-Treiber entwickeln - Eine systematische Einführung in die
> Gerätetreiber- und Kernelprogrammierung (German)
>
> Authors: Jürgen Quade / Eva-Katharina Kunst
> Publisher: d.punkt (3rd Edition, March 2011)
> ISBN 978-3-89864-696-3
> Note: Hardcover, Reflecting Linux-kernel 2.6.37

This one is IMHO a quite bad book.

//richard

* Re: Looking for a good reference, a book, on the Linux kernel
@ 2011-06-24 19:32   ` loody
From: loody @ 2011-06-24 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard -rw- weinberger
  Cc: sedat.dilek, Jesper Juhl, ilyes.gouta, LKML, kernel

hi all:

2011/6/6 richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> [2] Linux-Treiber entwickeln - Eine systematische Einführung in die
>> Gerätetreiber- und Kernelprogrammierung (German)
>>
>> Authors: Jürgen Quade / Eva-Katharina Kunst
>> Publisher: d.punkt (3rd Edition, March 2011)
>> ISBN 978-3-89864-696-3
>> Note: Hardcover, Reflecting Linux-kernel 2.6.37

> This one is IMHO a quite bad book.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> //richard

i have download the sample code on ldd3 and compile successfully on my
plaform, 2.6.35.

Where i can get any user mode program to activate the call back
function I register in scll, sculld, etc.
BR

miloody

* Re: Looking for a good reference, a book, on the Linux kernel
@ 2011-06-06 10:29       ` Ilyes Gouta
From: Ilyes Gouta @ 2011-06-06 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Juhl, linux-kernel, Khaled

Thanks a lot guys!