* UDP socket not receiving full data.
@ 2011-05-19 16:54 Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2011-05-19 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Dear All,

         I have connected two machines A <---> B. B is sending 35 packets
(packet size = 1042 bytes) of data to A over UDP socket. But, the
application A is receiving only 12 packets.
         TCPDUMP on machine A is showing all the packets received on machine
A.
         I suspect the erroneous buffer handling in TCP/IP stack.

         Can anyone please let me know the function which is responsible to
transfer data from the kernel space to user space, the function which does
copy_to_user() kind of stuff.
         Or any hint on the control path of data from the driver to the
application will be helpful.

Thanks,
Prabhu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* UDP socket not receiving full data.
@ 2011-05-20 16:21 ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2011-05-20 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 19/05/2011, Prabhu nath <gprabhunath@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>          I have connected two machines A <---> B. B is sending 35 packets
> (packet size = 1042 bytes) of data to A over UDP socket. But, the
> application A is receiving only 12 packets.
>          TCPDUMP on machine A is showing all the packets received on machine
> A.

you're creating a user space application, right? can you show us all
your complete code? or at the very least, code snippet that show the
way you send dan receive data?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa