* [U-Boot] U-boot SPL direct Linux boot
@ 2011-06-30 10:32 Simon Schwarz
From: Simon Schwarz @ 2011-06-30 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi List,

for my bachelor thesis I will implement a direct Linux boot from U-Boot SPL.
My current plan is to utilize do_bootm_[OS].

Simplest solution is to direct boot Linux/other OS and just boot
u-boot when a key is pressed. In addition i will also have some tests
(header check/CRC) - if they fail start u-boot.

IMHO this may also be of interest for the new SPL architecture.

Are there already implementations I am not aware of? Any comments on
what I should also add? Problems I may not see?

Regards
Simon