* Problem with porting poky for Sugarbay platform sandybridge machine
@ 2011-05-11 11:40 chinmaya hoshing
From: chinmaya hoshing @ 2011-05-11 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

I am trying to port Poky to the "sandybridge platform" and  using the branch
"bernard" for "sugarbay" machine.
I am running Ubuntu 10.10 on 64 bit machine.
My sugarbay build is successful so I have installed the image ,here I copied
the binaries of file and strace externally but I am *geting error :-
 -sh : file : not found*   (same for strace).

Also I have tried the same thing for fishriver machine using bernard branch
running on 32 bit machine and for atom-pc machine on 32 bit host and there
everything is working fine means getting the binaries of file and strace and
the command working fine.

Then what may be the problem for sugarbay machine .Is it that the
configurations of both fishriver and sugarbay will be the issue???
or Is there any problem of 64 bit shell on which I am building sandybridge
(sugarbay machine) poky ?????

Anybody have any idea!!!!!!!
please help me out to find the issue with this

Chinmaya

* Re: Problem with porting poky for Sugarbay platform sandybridge machine
@ 2011-05-11 12:57 ` Tom Zanussi
From: Tom Zanussi @ 2011-05-11 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chinmaya hoshing; +Cc: poky

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 04:40 -0700, chinmaya hoshing wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to port Poky to the "sandybridge platform" and  using the
> branch "bernard" for "sugarbay" machine.
> I am running Ubuntu 10.10 on 64 bit machine.
> My sugarbay build is successful so I have installed the image ,here I
> copied the binaries of file and strace externally but I am geting
> error :-      -sh : file : not found   (same for strace).
>

> Also I have tried the same thing for fishriver machine using bernard
> branch running on 32 bit machine and for atom-pc machine on 32 bit
> host and there everything is working fine means getting the binaries
> of file and strace and the command working fine.
>

> Then what may be the problem for sugarbay machine .Is it that the
> configurations of both fishriver and sugarbay will be the issue???
> or Is there any problem of 64 bit shell on which I am building
> sandybridge (sugarbay machine) poky ?????
>

> Anybody have any idea!!!!!!!
> please help me out to find the issue with this

Looks like you're copying binaries from your host onto the target?, and
getting lucky on the 32 bit systems, but not on the 64-bit targets
because there aren't compatible 32-bit libraries?

There are already recipes for strace and file that you could add to your
image to get those working properly, or you could build an -sdk image
which includes strace and file out of the box...

Tom