* ip fragments sent in reverse order?
@ 2011-05-26 13:56 Chris Friesen
From: Chris Friesen @ 2011-05-26 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

I read that Linux intentionally sends IP fragments in reverse order to
allow for some optimization on the receive side.  I'm trying to find
this code, but what I see in ip_fragment() seems to be creating/sending
the fragments in order.  Has this changed over the years?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Friesen
Software Developer

* Re: ip fragments sent in reverse order?
@ 2011-05-27  0:20 ` Changli Gao
From: Changli Gao @ 2011-05-27  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Friesen; +Cc: netdev

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Chris Friesen
<chris.friesen@genband.com> wrote:

> I read that Linux intentionally sends IP fragments in reverse order to allow
> for some optimization on the receive side.  I'm trying to find this code,
> but what I see in ip_fragment() seems to be creating/sending the fragments
> in order.  Has this changed over the years?

Yes. Now the fragments are sent in order.

Changli Gao(xiaosuo@gmail.com)