* CPU instruction to calculate tcp checksum and udp integrity?
@ 2011-05-23 15:26 ` Jon Zhou
From: Jon Zhou @ 2011-05-23 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, kernelnewbies

hi
now I am using sw to calculate the tcp checksum, is there CPU(nehalem) instruction or NIC /kernel API to do such thing?

thanks a lot
jon

From: Jon Zhou @ 2011-05-23 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

hi
now I am using sw to calculate the tcp checksum, is there CPU(nehalem) instruction or NIC /kernel API to do such thing?

thanks a lot
jon

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Re: CPU instruction to calculate tcp checksum and udp integrity?
@ 2011-05-26  2:57   ` Peter Teoh
From: Peter Teoh @ 2011-05-26  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Zhou; +Cc: netdev, kernelnewbies

In net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c:

/* This routine computes an IPv4 TCP checksum. */
void tcp_v4_send_check(struct sock *sk, struct sk_buff *skb)
{
        struct inet_sock *inet = inet_sk(sk);

        __tcp_v4_send_check(skb, inet->inet_saddr, inet->inet_daddr);
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL(tcp_v4_send_check);

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Jon Zhou <Jon.Zhou@jdsu.com> wrote:
> hi
> now I am using sw to calculate the tcp checksum, is there CPU(nehalem)
> instruction or NIC /kernel API to do such thing?
>
> thanks a lot
> jon

Peter Teoh

From: Peter Teoh @ 2011-05-26  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

In net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c:

/* This routine computes an IPv4 TCP checksum. */
void tcp_v4_send_check(struct sock *sk, struct sk_buff *skb)
{
        struct inet_sock *inet = inet_sk(sk);

        __tcp_v4_send_check(skb, inet->inet_saddr, inet->inet_daddr);
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL(tcp_v4_send_check);

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Jon Zhou <Jon.Zhou@jdsu.com> wrote:
> hi
> now I am using sw to calculate the tcp checksum, is there CPU(nehalem)
> instruction or NIC /kernel API to do such thing?
>
> thanks a lot
> jon

Peter Teoh