* [U-Boot]  u-boot hangs on panda board after some time
@ 2011-06-09  7:28 Vivi
From: Vivi @ 2011-06-09  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On TI panda board, stay in u-boot and do nothing in 30 minutes, then
try to get mmc info or reset, u-boot will hang.

Bellow is the error log:
--
Panda # printenv

baudrate=115200
bootcmd=if mmc rescan ${mmcdev}; then if run loadbootscript; then run
bootscript; else if run loaduimage; then run mmcboot; fi; i
bootdelay=3
bootscript=echo Running bootscript from mmc${mmcdev} ...; source ${loadaddr}

console=ttyS2,115200n8
loadaddr=0x82000000
loadbootscript=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} boot.scr
loaduimage=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} uImage
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} vram=${vram}
root=${mmcroot} rootfstype=${mmcrootfstype}

mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc${mmcdev} ...; run mmcargs; bootm ${loadaddr}
mmcdev=0
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait
usbtty=cdc_acm
vram=16M

Environment size: 686/262140 bytes

Panda # mmcinfo

--

Thanks and best regards,
Vivi Li

* [U-Boot] u-boot hangs on panda board after some time
@ 2011-06-09 14:42 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2011-06-09 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 03:28, Vivi wrote:
> On TI panda board, stay in u-boot and do nothing in 30 minutes, then
> try to get mmc info or reset, u-boot will hang.

sounds like the core timer logic is broken for whatever omap part is on there
-mike

* [U-Boot] u-boot hangs on panda board after some time
@ 2011-06-09 15:52   ` Igor Grinberg
From: Igor Grinberg @ 2011-06-09 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 06/09/11 17:42, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 03:28, Vivi wrote:
>> On TI panda board, stay in u-boot and do nothing in 30 minutes, then
>> try to get mmc info or reset, u-boot will hang.
> sounds like the core timer logic is broken for whatever omap part is on there

or the watchdog initialization is not done correctly...

Igor.

* [U-Boot] u-boot hangs on panda board after some time
@ 2011-06-10  4:31   ` John Rigby
From: John Rigby @ 2011-06-10  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 03:28, Vivi wrote:
>> On TI panda board, stay in u-boot and do nothing in 30 minutes, then
>> try to get mmc info or reset, u-boot will hang.
>
> sounds like the core timer logic is broken for whatever omap part is on there

That is correct, once the timer reaches 0xFFFFFFFF it reloads with
0xFFFFFFFF and gets stuck there.  I did a patch that was never
accepted late last year.  On more careful consideration my patch was
also broken but in different ways.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/76803/