* Linux wireless support education video on YouTube
@ 2011-05-20 23:16 Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2011-05-20 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless; +Cc: linux-kernel, David Quan, Kathy Giori, Javier Cardona

If you have engineers who need to support the 802.11 Linux subsystem
you at times see yourself needing to educate each group through some
sessions. In hopes of reusing educational sessions I've decided to
record my own series and post it on YouTube. I've broken down each
logical component of the series into as small atomic pieces so we can
add / remove / update the series into a new baked improved playlist.
If you wish to contribute to this please feel free to send me your own
videos so I can extend the series.

The hope is to education engineers as quickly as possible and then
refer them to our wireless.kernel.org wiki for more information. The
playlist of the 4 videos is available via:

http://bit.ly/kYdfpg

There will be Q&A Session on May 25, 2011 at 8am PST, you can poke us
with questions on IRC:

IRC server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #linux-wireless

The breakdown of the series covers:

  * Review of the 802.11 subsystem
  * Development process review
  * Daily snapshots / stable release of compat-wireless
  * Debugging 802.11 drivers
  * 802.11s review

PS. Thanks to Javier for providing his own session on 802.11s support
on mac80211

  Luis

* Re: Linux wireless support education video on YouTube
@ 2011-05-20 23:24 ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2011-05-20 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSUbCiEEP0k

And this is your own specific 802.11s mesh video in case you want to
use it or refer to it separately.

  Luis

* Linux wireless support education video on YouTube
@ 2011-05-21 21:55 julie Sullivan
From: julie Sullivan @ 2011-05-21 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

For those of you that don't have the time to follow the high-volume
linux-kernel mailing list Luis Rodriguez posted the following
yesterday which some on kernel-newbies may find helpful:

> If you have engineers who need to support the 802.11 Linux subsystem
> you at times see yourself needing to educate each group through some
> sessions. In hopes of reusing educational sessions I've decided to
> record my own series and post it on YouTube. I've broken down each
> logical component of the series into as small atomic pieces so we can
> add / remove / update the series into a new baked improved playlist.
> If you wish to contribute to this please feel free to send me your own
> videos so I can extend the series.
>
> The hope is to education engineers as quickly as possible and then
> refer them to our wireless.kernel.org wiki for more information. The
> playlist of the 4 videos is available via:
>
> http://bit.ly/kYdfpg
>
> There will be Q&A Session on May 25, 2011 at 8am PST, you can poke us
> with questions on IRC:
>
> IRC server: irc.freenode.net
> Channel: #linux-wireless
>
> The breakdown of the series covers:
>
> ?* Review of the 802.11 subsystem
> ?* Development process review
> ?* Daily snapshots / stable release of compat-wireless
> ?* Debugging 802.11 drivers
> ?* 802.11s review
>
> PS. Thanks to Javier for providing his own session on 802.11s support
> on mac80211
>
> ?Luis

Cheers
Julie