* Monitoring uevents at the user space
@ 2011-04-20 12:04 J, KEERTHY
From: J, KEERTHY @ 2011-04-20 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

Hello All,

I am writing a driver for OMAP4460 thermal sensor. I have a requirement
to send events to the user space from the driver on some condition.

I am using kobject_uevent(&temp_sensor->dev->kobj, KOBJ_ADD) as
part of initialization.

On the occurrence of the event i am notifying via
kobject_uevent(&temp_sensor->dev->kobj, KOBJ_CHANGE).

I am using busybox file system. What is the recommended way
to actually verify whether the uevent has been propagated to the
user space or not from the driver?

--
Regards and Thanks,
Keerthy

* Re: Monitoring uevents at the user space
@ 2011-04-20 16:02 ` Menon, Nishanth
From: Menon, Nishanth @ 2011-04-20 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J, KEERTHY; +Cc: linux-omap

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 07:04, J, KEERTHY <j-keerthy@ti.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am writing a driver for OMAP4460 thermal sensor. I have a requirement
> to send events to the user space from the driver on some condition.
>
> I am using kobject_uevent(&temp_sensor->dev->kobj, KOBJ_ADD) as
> part of initialization.
>
> On the occurrence of the event i am notifying via
> kobject_uevent(&temp_sensor->dev->kobj, KOBJ_CHANGE).
>
> I am using busybox file system. What is the recommended way
> to actually verify whether the uevent has been propagated to the
> user space or not from the driver?

does this help?
http://wildanm.wordpress.com/2007/08/21/mdev-mini-udev-in-busybox/

Regards,