* [BUG] git pull does not understand --strategy-option
@ 2011-04-26 14:06 David Deller
From: David Deller @ 2011-04-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Works using short form (-X). Works with 'git merge' using either short
or long form.

Apologies, I do not have the current version of Git, but I did not see
any mention of a related fix in changelogs.

$ git --version
git version 1.7.4.1

$ git pull --strategy=recursive --strategy-option=theirs origin master
error: unknown option `strategy-option=theirs'
   or: git fetch [<options>] <group>
   or: git fetch --all [<options>]

    -v, --verbose         be more verbose
    -q, --quiet           be more quiet
    --all                 fetch from all remotes
    -a, --append          append to .git/FETCH_HEAD instead of overwriting
    --upload-pack <PATH>  path to upload pack on remote end
    -f, --force           force overwrite of local branch
    -m, --multiple        fetch from multiple remotes
    -t, --tags            fetch all tags and associated objects
    -n                    do not fetch all tags (--no-tags)
    -p, --prune           prune remote-tracking branches no longer on remote
    --recurse-submodules  control recursive fetching of submodules
    --dry-run             dry run
    -k, --keep            keep downloaded pack
    -u, --update-head-ok  allow updating of HEAD ref
    --progress            force progress reporting
    --depth <DEPTH>       deepen history of shallow clone

$ git pull --strategy=recursive -X theirs origin master
From ssh://git.internal/repos.git
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

David

* Re: [BUG] git pull does not understand --strategy-option
@ 2011-04-27 18:27 ` David Deller
From: David Deller @ 2011-04-27 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

> $ git pull --strategy=recursive --strategy-option=theirs origin master
> error: unknown option `strategy-option=theirs'

I was able to confirm that the bug still exists in the latest version
of Git, 1.7.5. The docs say the option should work.

This affects Phing's[1] Git Pull task[2], which always outputs the
long form whenever the corresponding option is used.

David

[1] PHP build tool
[2] http://www.phing.info/docs/guide/stable/chapters/appendixes/AppendixC-OptionalTasks.html#GitPullTask