* [U-Boot] Beagleboard patches, going upstream?
@ 2011-05-19 22:49 Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2011-05-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I'm looking to include the following patches from TI's
meta-texasinstruments OE layer recipe for u-boot. They have been sent to
the list, two of them Acked, but have otherwise received no response and
but I don't see them in the git repository. Are these going to be
included upstream (git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git) ?

OMAP3-Beagle-Pin-Mux-initialization-glitch-fix.patch
	Jason said will pull in for ti tree
OMAP-Remove-omapfb.debug-y-from-Beagle-and-Overo-env.patch
OMAP3-Add-DSS-driver-for-OMAP3.patch
BeagleBoard-Added-userbutton-command.patch
Enable-DSS-driver-for-Beagle.patch
Corrected-LED-name-match-finding-avoiding-extraneous.patch
omap3_beagle-Switch-default-console-from-ttyS2-to-tt.patch
	Acked-by on list
BeagleBoard-Load-kernel-via-MMC-ext2-not-fat.patch

The following patches I do not see on the list. Koen, Jason, will these
be sent upstream?

OMAP3-beagle-pass-expansionboard-name-in-bootargs.patch from Koen
OMAP3-BeagleBoard-updated-default-configuration.patch from Jason

Is there another repository I should be looking at for the upstream
status of these patches?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* [U-Boot] Beagleboard patches, going upstream?
@ 2011-05-20 13:38 ` Jason Kridner
From: Jason Kridner @ 2011-05-20 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Darren Hart <dvhart@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to include the following patches from TI's
> meta-texasinstruments OE layer recipe for u-boot. They have been sent to
> the list, two of them Acked, but have otherwise received no response and
> but I don't see them in the git repository. Are these going to be
> included upstream (git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git) ?

I'm on travel for the next week, but I should respond next week.  I started
work at fixing up the patches based on comments and resubmitting what all is
left, but I ran into a bug in my simplified implementation of the LED
command to address Wolfgang's comments.

My current work is at:
https://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/u-boot/commits/validation-20110504

Before submitting upstream, I need to fix 2 bugs:
* I cannot set STATUS_LED_BIT1's LED
* The GPIO state readback to provide toggling without maintaining state in
the software does not work

It would be most useful if some of the other patches were accepted or
commented upon.

@ 2011-05-20 14:16 ` Anatolij Gustschin
From: Anatolij Gustschin @ 2011-05-20 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2011 15:49:02 -0700
Darren Hart <dvhart@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to include the following patches from TI's
> meta-texasinstruments OE layer recipe for u-boot. They have been sent to
> the list, two of them Acked, but have otherwise received no response and
> but I don't see them in the git repository. Are these going to be
> included upstream (git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git) ?

These patches have been sent when the merge window was
closed, it seems. Also the submitter didn't put the
responsible custodian for OMAP ARM arch on CC.

> OMAP3-Beagle-Pin-Mux-initialization-glitch-fix.patch
> 	Jason said will pull in for ti tree
> OMAP-Remove-omapfb.debug-y-from-Beagle-and-Overo-env.patch
> OMAP3-Add-DSS-driver-for-OMAP3.patch
> BeagleBoard-Added-userbutton-command.patch
> Enable-DSS-driver-for-Beagle.patch
> Corrected-LED-name-match-finding-avoiding-extraneous.patch
> omap3_beagle-Switch-default-console-from-ttyS2-to-tt.patch
> 	Acked-by on list

DSS related patches are assigned to me, please see below.

> Is there another repository I should be looking at for the upstream
> status of these patches?

Probably it makes sense to look at the patch status in patchwork [1].
Video related patches are under review now [2],[3]. I hope to find
time to comment on these, soon.

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/
[2] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/92343/
[3] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/92344/

Anatolij

* [U-Boot] Beagleboard patches, going upstream?
@ 2011-05-21 21:34   ` Paulraj, Sandeep
From: Paulraj, Sandeep @ 2011-05-21 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> It would be most useful if some of the other patches were accepted or
> commented upon.

The reason i did not apply the patches were because atleast for some of them, i needed
an ACK from other maintainers.

Also i was waiting for your updated patches. I thought it would be better if i'll apply
all the patches together after getting the required ACK's.

I am fine with your patches. I'd like to apply them after you send in updates.

Let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks,
Sandeep