* Issue with Alsa and PulseAudio
@ 2008-08-26  8:30 Ash
From: Ash @ 2008-08-26  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,
I have a media application that uses alsa as its sound renderer. It has worked on numerous systems without any problems until I came across a mandriva distro that bundles with PulseAudio. The alsa pulseaudio plugin is installed correctly, however I am having weird problems.

When I am setting up my hw params, and I call snd_pcm_hw_params_any(), I get an "Operation not permitted" error. I am not sure why this is happening, anyone else see this before? I am using pulseaudio version 0.9.9 and alsa 1.0.16.

Thanks in advance!
Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/