* [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
@ 2011-07-26 18:24 Triangle Men
From: Triangle Men @ 2011-07-26 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Greetings,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ath9k currently does not support the delayed block acknowledgement policy described in IEEE Std. 802.11-2007. Is there a register on the AR9220 which sets the immediate/delayed policy? If the 9220/9280 series does not support delayed block acks, is there another chipset which does?

Regards,
Trianglemen

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
@ 2011-07-28  7:08 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2011-07-28  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Triangle Men <trianglemen@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but ath9k currently does not support the delayed
> block acknowledgement policy described in IEEE Std. 802.11-2007. Is there a
> register on the AR9220 which sets the immediate/delayed policy? If the
> 9220/9280 series does not support delayed block acks, is there another
> chipset which does?

 ath9k does not seems to support Delayed Block Ack... let me find out why

> Regards,
> Trianglemen

shafi

* [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
@ 2011-08-03 14:26   ` Triangle Men
From: Triangle Men @ 2011-08-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Thank you for your confirmation about the lack of driver support, but what I would really like to know is whether or not the AR9220 or any other ath9k-compatible Atheros chipsets support the delayed block ACK mode. Can the hardware be configured to delay ACK transmission to the next TXOP? This unadvertised feature, if it exists, would save me a lot of programming and CPU time.

Thanks again,
Trianglemen

@ 2012-01-26 20:38     ` Triangle Men
From: Triangle Men @ 2012-01-26 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:38:19 +0530
> Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
> From: shafi.wireless at gmail.com
> To: trianglemen at hotmail.com
> CC: ath9k-devel at lists.ath9k.org
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Triangle Men <trianglemen@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but ath9k currently does not support the delayed
> > block acknowledgement policy described in IEEE Std. 802.11-2007. Is there a
> > register on the AR9220 which sets the immediate/delayed policy? If the
> > 9220/9280 series does not support delayed block acks, is there another
> > chipset which does?
>
> ath9k does not seems to support Delayed Block Ack... let me find out why
>

> > Regards,
> > Trianglemen

> shafi

I am still very curious about whether or not the AR9220 and 9280 support HT delayed block acks. I know ath9k does not support this part of the specification and I have not found any indications in reg.h that the MAC supports this feature. Are there any registers which might affect the ACK transmission policy? (What I am really after is something like a DBA-gated transmission policy similar to setting AR_Q_MISC_FSP_DBA_GATED on AR_QMISC.)

-trianglemen

* [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
@ 2012-11-29 10:20       ` ajay
From: ajay @ 2012-11-29 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Triangle Men <trianglemen <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> > Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:38:19 +0530
> > Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
> > From: shafi.wireless <at> gmail.com
> > To: trianglemen <at> hotmail.com
> > CC: ath9k-devel <at> lists.ath9k.org
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Triangle Men <trianglemen <at>
hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but ath9k currently does not support the delayed
> > > block acknowledgement policy described in IEEE Std. 802.11-2007. Is there
> > > register on the AR9220 which sets the immediate/delayed policy? If the
> > > 9220/9280 series does not support delayed block acks, is there another
> > > chipset which does?
> >
> > ath9k does not seems to support Delayed Block Ack... let me find out why
> >

> > > Regards,
> > > Trianglemen

> > --
> > shafi
>
> I am still very curious about whether or not the AR9220 and 9280 support HT
delayed block acks. I know ath9k
> does not support this part of the specification and I have not found any
indications in reg.h that the MAC
> supports this feature. Are there any registers which might affect the ACK
transmission policy? (What I am
> really after is something like a DBA-gated transmission policy similar to
setting
> AR_Q_MISC_FSP_DBA_GATED on AR_QMISC.)
>
> -trianglemen

Hi,
Is there any AP supporting delayed block ack feature.Why it's not being used any
reason.Though it has been masde mandatory feature in specification. It's not
part of certification. what could be the reason ?
Thanks
Ajay

* [ath9k-devel] HT-delayed block ack
@ 2012-11-29 21:13         ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2012-11-29 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Well, implementing a delayed block-ack wouldn't be _that_ difficult, right?

I _think_ it looks like this:

* send aggregate frames, up to whatever your window size is;
* wait a little bit;
* send a BA;
* respond with a manually constructed BA frame with the current state
of the BA window.

Surely that's not too difficult for someone to code up? I'm thinking
of coding it up early next year for FreeBSD, as part of the 802.11n
TDMA work I'm kind of working on.

Adrian