* slow after btrfs balance
@ 2012-11-06  4:06 william L'Heureux
From: william L'Heureux @ 2012-11-06  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello,

Here is a little background of my setup. mdadm->lvm->dmcrypt->btrfs.

I had the btrfs in ext4 but I converted it.
When I first did the convert, everything was fine. After a moment, I did a btrfs balance and since that day,
the writing speed is very slow. When I do things like unzip/unrar, the load average flies to 15+.
That makes the system to be almost unusable. During the whole process I went from 3.2 wheezy to 3.5.
I went to back to 3.2 to check the stability, the results are the same.
I was asking myself if simply changing the chunk would solve my problem?

Thanks

William

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-11-06  4:12 UTC | newest]