* ACPI powerbtn
@ 2015-02-03 21:30 Jim Abernathy
From: Jim Abernathy @ 2015-02-03 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I need to add something that will 'shutdown -h now' when the power button is pressed.  I would figure that ACPI is already included in the core-image-base of the NUC bsp.

Do I need to include a new file in /etc/acpi/events or do I need to include some package?

Jim A

* Re: ACPI powerbtn
@ 2015-02-03 21:34 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2015-02-03 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Abernathy; +Cc: yocto

On 3 February 2015 at 21:30, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@outlook.com> wrote:

> I need to add something that will 'shutdown -h now' when the power button
> is pressed.  I would figure that ACPI is already included in the
> core-image-base of the NUC bsp.
>
> Do I need to include a new file in /etc/acpi/events or do I need to
> include some package?

I'm literally signing off for the day but for what it's worth
core-image-sato does that already on my NUC, so there must be something in
that image that makes it work...  maybe acpid or acpi-support isn't part of
core-image-base?

Ross

* Re: ACPI powerbtn
@ 2015-02-04 12:36   ` James Abernathy
From: James Abernathy @ 2015-02-04 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 4:34 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>

> On 3 February 2015 at 21:30, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@outlook.com <mailto:jfabernathy@outlook.com>> wrote:
> I need to add something that will 'shutdown -h now' when the power button is pressed.  I would figure that ACPI is already included in the core-image-base of the NUC bsp.
>
> Do I need to include a new file in /etc/acpi/events or do I need to include some package?
>
> I'm literally signing off for the day but for what it's worth core-image-sato does that already on my NUC, so there must be something in that image that makes it work...  maybe acpid or acpi-support isn't part of core-image-base?
>
> Ross

I went back and built core-image-sato and the power button does nothing.  I don’t see anything in the /etc/acpi/events directory.  Same as core-image-base.

Jim A

* Re: ACPI powerbtn
@ 2015-02-04 20:17     ` Jim Abernathy
From: Jim Abernathy @ 2015-02-04 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

Okay, I found a solution that works for core-image-base for NUC.

1. create /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn

event=button[ /]power
action=/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh

2. create /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
# Initiates a shutdown when the power putton has been
# pressed.
/sbin/shutdown -h now "Power button pressed"

3. reboot

From: jfabernathy@outlook.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 07:36:27 -0500
To: ross.burton@intel.com