* Bluez5 Device interface
@ 2015-03-23 15:57 Ssagarr Patil
From: Ssagarr Patil @ 2015-03-23 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

I am working on 3.14 kernel and using bluez5, My device supports ble devices, I havent found how can I write a C application which will pair devices and transfer data.

Can any one please point me in right direction.

Regards,
Sagar

* Re: Bluez5 Device interface
@ 2015-03-24  9:08 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-24  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssagarr Patil; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Sagar,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ssagarr Patil <hugarsagar@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on 3.14 kernel and using bluez5, My device supports ble devices, I havent found how can I write a C application which will pair devices and transfer data.
>
> Can any one please point me in right direction.

Have you looked at bluetoothctl? It is written in C, the source code
is under client/:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/client

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* RE: Bluez5 Device interface
@ 2015-03-24 11:55   ` Ssagarr Patil
From: Ssagarr Patil @ 2015-03-24 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Luiz,

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ssagarr Patil <hugarsagar@outlook.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on 3.14 kernel and using bluez5, My device supports ble devices, I havent found how can I write a C application which will pair devices and transfer data.
>>
>> Can any one please point me in right direction.
>
> Have you looked at bluetoothctl? It is written in C, the source code
> is under client/:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/client

Thanks for the pointers, that really helped.

Just another quick thing, I dont have BT_RFCOMM_TTY support are there any other alternatives for it ?

Regards,
Sagar

* Re: Bluez5 Device interface
@ 2015-03-24 12:04     ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-24 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssagarr Patil; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Sagar,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Ssagarr Patil <hugarsagar@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi Luiz,
>

>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ssagarr Patil <hugarsagar@outlook.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on 3.14 kernel and using bluez5, My device supports ble devices, I havent found how can I write a C application which will pair devices and transfer data.
>>>
>>> Can any one please point me in right direction.
>>
>> Have you looked at bluetoothctl? It is written in C, the source code
>> is under client/:
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/client
>>
> Thanks for the pointers, that really helped.
>
> Just another quick thing, I dont have BT_RFCOMM_TTY support are there any other alternatives for it ?

We normally don't recommend using TTY, instead use socket API directly
or even better use org.bluez.Profile API:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/profile-api.txt

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* RE: Bluez5 Device interface
@ 2015-03-24 12:53       ` Ssagarr Patil
From: Ssagarr Patil @ 2015-03-24 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Luiz,

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Ssagarr Patil <hugarsagar@outlook.com> wrote:
>> Hi Luiz,

>>> Have you looked at bluetoothctl? It is written in C, the source code
>>> is under client/:
>>>
>>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/client
>>>
>> Thanks for the pointers, that really helped.
>>
>> Just another quick thing, I dont have BT_RFCOMM_TTY support are there any other alternatives for it ?
>
> We normally don't recommend using TTY, instead use socket API directly
> or even better use org.bluez.Profile API:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/profile-api.txt

Thank you very much, are there any sample apps demonstrating socket usage  for heart rate/ tty profile ?
All I see is python scripts as I need to write C apps.

Regards,
Sagar