* Question: ipq_read() returning "Received message truncated"
@ 2003-08-06  3:47 Chun Fung, John Yuen
From: Chun Fung, John Yuen @ 2003-08-06  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi all,

I am a newbie in using libipq. Currently, I am experiencing a problem
regarding truncated message. Occassionally, ipq_read() will return an error
(rc = -1) and the error message says "Received truncated message". My code
currently ignores that error and have the system continue processing.
However, some packets seem to be staying in the ip queue (by checking
'/proc/net/ip_queue'), which will cause the queue to fill up eventually. I
checked the number of such error, and it matches exactly the number of
packets staying in the queue. I am just wondering if anyone knows the cause
of such error, and what's the proper way of handling it?

In addition, I am wondering whether the ipq_read() and set_verdict() calls
are thread safe. Should I put mutex locks around these two function calls?
Putting mutex locks seem to set the errno to EINTR. I am just wondering if
this is necessary at all.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
John

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-06  3:47 UTC | newest]