* [Bluez-users] BlueZ on Linux iPAQ
@ 2004-01-06  0:27 Sean Barry
From: Sean Barry @ 2004-01-06  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bluez-users

Hi,

I have the following instructions for installing BlueZ on a Sharp Zaurus,
however, I have attempted to follow them for Familiar but with no luck.
Could someone translate the Sharp Zaurus instructions into instructions for
Familiar on an iPAQ with integrated Bluetooth, but Bluetooth on a CF or
PCMCIA card.

Installation instructions for BlueZ binaries on Sharp Zaurus with ROM v3.10

Upload all of the files to /home/root on the Zaurus, either using scp or
ftp.
Log into the Zaurus as root.

* Kernel modules
----------------

# mv bluez-kernel-2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-arm.tar.gz
/home/root/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix
# cd /home/root/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix
# tar zxf bluez-kernel-2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-arm.tar.gz
# depmod -a
# mv bluetooth /etc/pcmcia
# mv bluetooth.conf /etc/pcmcia
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart

* User-libraries
----------------

# cd
# mv libbluetooth.so.1.0.1 libsdp.so.2.0.1 /usr/lib
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libbluetooth.so.1.0.1 libbluetooth.so.1
# ln -s libbluetooth.so.1.0.1 libbluetooth.so
# ln -s libsdp.so.2.0.1 libsdp.so.2
# ln -s libsdp.so.2.0.1 libsdp.so

* User-programs
---------------

# cd
# mv hciconfig /usr/sbin
# mv hcid /usr/sbin
# mv sdpd /usr/sbin
# mv sdptool /usr/bin

* Verifying the install
-----------------------
(Insert the Bluetooth card!)

# modprobe l2cap
# lsmod
bluecard_cs             6944   1
l2cap                  16368   2
bluez                  33984   3  [bluecard_cs l2cap]

# hciconfig hci0 up
hci0:   Type: PCCARD
        BD Address: 00:90:02:03:89:0C ACL MTU: 672:10  SCO MTU: 64:0
        UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
        RX bytes:1659564 acl:10626 sco:0 events:5147 errors:0
        TX bytes:1255739 acl:11550 sco:0 commands:1214 errors:0
# sdpd
# sdptool browse ff:ff:ff
Browsing FF:FF:FF:00:00:00 ...
Service Name: SDP Server
Service Description: Bluetooth service discovery server
Service Provider: BlueZ
Service RecHandle: 0x0
Service Class ID List:
  "SDP Server" (0x1000)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
    PSM: 1
    Version: 0x0001
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100

Service Name: Public Browse Group Root
Service Description: Root of public group hierarchy
Service Provider: BlueZ
Service RecHandle: 0x15000
Service Class ID List:
  "Browse Group Descriptor" (0x1001)
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100

Sean

* [Bluez-users] BlueZ on Linux iPAQ
@ 2004-01-20  2:48 Sean Barry
From: Sean Barry @ 2004-01-20  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi,

Could anyone help me get BlueZ installed and configured on any of Familiar
v0.7, 0.7.1 or 0.7.2.  Ideally the latter I have a 3970 iPAQ which is not
able to access the Internet.  Thus far I have installed the following: -

bluez-modules-2.4.18-rmk3_2.1-1_arm.ipk
task-bluez_1.3-hh1_arm.ipk

Task-bluez required some other ipkgs which I installed until task-bluez
install completed successfully.  However, when I install the Rococo
reference implementation of Java APIs in Bluetooth I get the following
error.

/mnt/hda # ipkg install impronto_1.1_arm.ipk
ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for impronto:
         libbluetooth libsdp

bluez-libs-2.0_0.9-hh1_arm.ipk is installed as is bluez-sdp_0.7-hh7_arm.ipk.

Are these the right files? Where can I get the right files? I can switch the
BT radio on from GPE and perform hciconfig hci0, hcitool scan and hcitool
inquiry.  Do I need to install any BlueZ packages in Familiar v0.7.2.

Please help me this problem is really bothering me.

Regards,

Sean