* [Resource Leak] Missing closing files in samples/bpf/hbm.c
@ 2021-12-30  3:26 Ryan Cai
From: Ryan Cai @ 2021-12-30  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ast, daniel, andrii, kafai, songliubraving, yhs, john.fastabend, kpsingh
  Cc: netdev, bpf, linux-kernel

Dear Kernel maintainers,

          1. In run_bpf_prog, the file opened at Line 308 may not closed when going to Line 310.
          Location: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/5bfc75d92efd494db37f5c4c173d3639d4772966/samples/bpf/hbm.c#L302-L310

         2. In read_trace_pipe2, the file opened at Line 91 may not closed in the function.
         Location: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/5bfc75d92efd494db37f5c4c173d3639d4772966/samples/bpf/hbm.c#L91-L109

           Should it be a bug? I can send a patch for these.

Best,
Ryan

* Re: [Resource Leak] Missing closing files in samples/bpf/hbm.c
@ 2022-01-05 23:50 ` Andrii Nakryiko
From: Andrii Nakryiko @ 2022-01-05 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Cai
  Cc: Alexei Starovoitov, Daniel Borkmann, Andrii Nakryiko, Martin Lau,
	Song Liu, Yonghong Song, john fastabend, KP Singh, Networking,
	bpf, open list

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 7:26 PM Ryan Cai <ycaibb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kernel maintainers,
>
>           1. In run_bpf_prog, the file opened at Line 308 may not closed when going to Line 310.
>           Location: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/5bfc75d92efd494db37f5c4c173d3639d4772966/samples/bpf/hbm.c#L302-L310
>
>          2. In read_trace_pipe2, the file opened at Line 91 may not closed in the function.
>          Location: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/5bfc75d92efd494db37f5c4c173d3639d4772966/samples/bpf/hbm.c#L91-L109
>
>            Should it be a bug? I can send a patch for these.

seems so, please send patches