* [meta-qt5] Qt SDK seems to be broken
@ 2016-04-19 16:26 Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE
From: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE @ 2016-04-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hello,

I have created the Qt SDK after including the meta-qt5 layer. Once the SDK
was created I installed QtCreator after including the environment setup
script at the top of the qtcreator.sh file. After I run qtcreator.sh and
QtCreator opens, I noticed that the Build and Run settings were not
automatically detected. I further realised that I saw the following error
under "General Messages" upon startup:

"QML module does not contain information about components contained in
plugins.

Module path: /home/ryan/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/qml/Qt/labs/controls/material
See "Using QML Modules with Plugins" in the documentation.

Automatic type dump of QML module failed.
Errors:
"/home/ryan/Qt/SDK/sysroots/corei7-64-custom_distro-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmlplugindump"
failed to start: No such file or directory
Arguments: -nonrelocatable Qt.labs.controls.material 1.0
/home/ryan/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/qml
"

It says it cannot find qmlplugindump, but I clearly see it in the path.

Regardless, I went along and I manually chose the compiler/debugger/version
using the SDK and made a kit for my target. After doing so I made a sample
app that required the following:

Qt += quick qml

After trying to build I got the following compiler errors:

"
Makefile:659: warning: overriding commands for target `install_target'
Makefile:650: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_target'
Makefile:663: warning: overriding commands for target `uninstall_target'
Makefile:654: warning: ignoring old commands for target `uninstall_target'
g++  -o testapp main.o qrc_qml.o   -lQt5Quick -lQt5Gui -lQt5Qml
-lQt5Network -lQt5Core -lGLESv2 -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Quick
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Qml
make: *** [testapp] Error 1
09:11:02: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project testapp (kit: Minnowboard Qt 5.6.0
GCC 64bit)
When executing step "Make"
09:11:02: Elapsed time: 00:00.
"

Specifically, it cannot find Qt5Quick and Qt5Qml libraries, which again I
clearly see in the SDK library path. I have been trying many things to fix
this and I have even manually added the library paths, but nothing seems to
work. Does anyone have any idea for a fix?

Thanks ahead of time!

-Ryan

* Re: [meta-qt5] Qt SDK seems to be broken
@ 2016-04-20  8:04 ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2016-04-20  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE <ryanelkholy@gmail.com> [160419 18:26]:

> It says it cannot find qmlplugindump, but I clearly see it in the path.

> Regardless, I went along and I manually chose the compiler/debugger/version
> using the SDK and made a kit for my target. After doing so I made a sample
> app that required the following:

> Qt += quick qml

> After trying to build I got the following compiler errors:

> "
> Makefile:659: warning: overriding commands for target `install_target'
> Makefile:650: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_target'
> Makefile:663: warning: overriding commands for target `uninstall_target'
> Makefile:654: warning: ignoring old commands for target `uninstall_target'
> g++  -o testapp main.o qrc_qml.o   -lQt5Quick -lQt5Gui -lQt5Qml

It's still using your hosts compiler.

> -lQt5Network -lQt5Core -lGLESv2 -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Quick
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Qml

The same for ld.

Check your compiler configuratin in QtCreator again.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB

* Re: [meta-qt5] Qt SDK seems to be broken
@ 2016-04-20 10:31   ` Ryan Elkholy
From: Ryan Elkholy @ 2016-04-20 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this something that is wrong with the toolchain or is it configuration of QtCreator? If QtCreator, what do I do to fix it? Are there specific variables in the Project's build environment setting that I should look at?

Also, if that is the case then this would have to be done on a per project basis. How can I fix it in the toolchain so that it is automatically detected and corrected in QtCreator?

@ 2016-04-22 19:25     ` Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE
From: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE @ 2016-04-22 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Any response?