* Telnet server question
@ 2017-03-16  6:22 Derek Johansen
From: Derek Johansen @ 2017-03-16  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ELKS

Playing around with the new telnet server, I telnet localhost 2323
from my host and get the welcome from the ELKS server.  I also see the
message:

Commands entered by remote terminal:

in the ELKS window.

In my telnet client I can enter at most one command/string and see it
repeated in the ELKS window.  After that all further entries are
ignored..

Is this the expected behavior for the telnet server?

* Re: Telnet server question
@ 2017-03-17  7:20 ` Georg Potthast
From: Georg Potthast @ 2017-03-17  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derek Johansen, ELKS

It worked with my telnet client on my SUSE distro. I assume that your telnet
client is set to different defaults.

However, I now modified the telnet client that is included with ELKS so it
will compile with gcc on a Linux distro too. This has been committed
yesterday. I tested this client on my SUSE distro and it worked ok. So this
client should work for you.

The available memory on ELKS is limited when the telnet server is running,
due to the use of a pseudo tty. I use the commands echo, pwd, whoami, ls,
cat etc. for testing. The vi editor reports: "not enough memory".

Georg