* unresolved symbol dptoli
@ 2003-09-11  6:03 ` durai
From: durai @ 2003-09-11  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

hi,
i compiled a wireless lan driver using the mips-linux-gcc compiler 2.95.3.
When i try to insmod the driver i got the following errors. any ideas?

insmod: unresolved symbol dptoli
insmod: unresolved symbol dpmul
insmod: unresolved symbol litodp

Note that, i havent used any of these above functions in my code. It appears
only in the .o files

Durairaj P
Senior Software Engineer
Integrated SoftTech Solutiond Pvt. Ltd
Chennai 600 018
India
Tel : +91(44)2436 4915 Ext 88
www.isofttech.com

* unresolved symbol dptoli
@ 2003-09-11  6:03 ` durai
From: durai @ 2003-09-11  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

hi,
i compiled a wireless lan driver using the mips-linux-gcc compiler 2.95.3.
When i try to insmod the driver i got the following errors. any ideas?

insmod: unresolved symbol dptoli
insmod: unresolved symbol dpmul
insmod: unresolved symbol litodp

Note that, i havent used any of these above functions in my code. It appears
only in the .o files

Durairaj P
Senior Software Engineer
Integrated SoftTech Solutiond Pvt. Ltd
Chennai 600 018
India
Tel : +91(44)2436 4915 Ext 88
www.isofttech.com

* Re: unresolved symbol dptoli
  (?)
@ 2003-09-11 14:06 ` Ralf Baechle
From: Ralf Baechle @ 2003-09-11 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: durai; +Cc: linux-mips

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:33:07AM +0530, durai wrote:

> i compiled a wireless lan driver using the mips-linux-gcc compiler 2.95.3.
> When i try to insmod the driver i got the following errors. any ideas?
>
> insmod: unresolved symbol dptoli
> insmod: unresolved symbol dpmul
> insmod: unresolved symbol litodp
>
> Note that, i havent used any of these above functions in my code. It appears
> only in the .o files

These are symbols used by gcc's software fp code.  Don't use floating
point in kernel code.

  Ralf