* csum_order/csum_length encoding per blob
@ 2016-08-22 13:49 Varada Kari
From: Varada Kari @ 2016-08-22 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil, Igor Fedotov; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Sage/Igor,

Right now the csum_order and csum_length are per blob. Can we make them per onode? Is there any specific reason to make them per blob?
I understand we can choose a different type of checksum for the entire store after using the store with one type of csum type. But is it a frequent operation?
If we can place csum_* per onode, we can detach them from blob, we can reduce the serializable onode size this way.
Or we can place the csum property as a pool property?

Thanks,
Varada

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-08-22 13:49 UTC | newest]