* Adding package's license to the final image
@ 2018-06-12 17:28 Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault
From: Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault @ 2018-06-12 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Howdy,

I am working on a project that requires the final image to contain a license manifest for all the packaged installed on the image.

At first I though about using the tmp/deploy/licenses/xxx/license.manifest but this file is deployed by the IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_prepend which happens after the rootfs is done.

Would anyone have a suggestion on how to this properly without using any weird hack?

Cheers,
Mathieu

* Re: Adding package's license to the final image
@ 2018-06-13  5:08 ` Andrea Galbusera
From: Andrea Galbusera @ 2018-06-13  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexandretm; +Cc: Yocto Project

Hi!

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:53 PM Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault
<alexandretm@amotus.ca> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I am working on a project that requires the final image to contain a license manifest for all the packaged installed on the image.

Take a look at [1]. There's background on licence tacking and a
technique to include licenses in target images (never tested myself).

[1] https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#providing-license-text

@ 2018-06-12 17:15 Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault
From: Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault @ 2018-06-12 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto