* U-BOOT missing Security support
@ 2021-09-15  3:35 Cedrick Kukela
From: Cedrick Kukela @ 2021-09-15  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,
I was attempting to enable CONFIG_CMD_AES and I though it would be under security support. Is there any reason why that option would not be enabled or available?
Thanks

Cedrick Kukela
Software Engineer

[cid:image001.png@01D7A9BC.BEA10B50]

+1 919 741-9914 (cell)
+1 919 234-6534
 1001 Winstead Drive, Suite 130
 Cary, NC 27513
 www.connecteddev.com<http://www.connecteddev.com/>
 cedrick.kukela@connecteddev.com<mailto:cedrick.kukela@connecteddev.com>

Connected Development Confidential & Proprietary.  The message and documents transmitted with this email contain Confidential Information of Connected Development.

If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this Confidential Information, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use (without written permission of Connected Development) is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

[-- Attachment #2: image001.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 6000 bytes --]

* Re: U-BOOT missing Security support
@ 2021-09-15 12:21 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2021-09-15 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cedrick Kukela; +Cc: u-boot

Dear Cedrick,

In message <BN6PR17MB1650CCB429571DCA8BD4352DFFDB9@BN6PR17MB1650.namprd17.prod.outlook.com> you wrote:

> I was attempting to enable CONFIG_CMD_AES and I though it would be
> under security support. Is there any reason why that option would
> not be enabled or available?

Search under "Security commands"...

from "cmd/Kconfig":

1975 menu "Security commands"
1976 config CMD_AES
1977         bool "Enable the 'aes' command"
1978         select AES
1979         help
1980           This provides a means to encrypt and decrypt data using the AES
1981           (Advanced Encryption Standard). This algorithm uses a symetric key
1982           and is widely used as a streaming cipher. Different key lengths are
1983           supported by the algorithm but this command only supports 128 bits
1984           at present.
1985

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
A Stanford research group advertised for participants in a  study  of
obsessive-compulsive  disorder. They were looking for therapy clients
who had been diagnosed with this disorder. The  response  was  grati-
fying;  they  got  3,000 responses about three days after the ad came
out. All from the same person.

* RE: U-BOOT missing Security support
@ 2021-09-15 12:38   ` Cedrick Kukela
From: Cedrick Kukela @ 2021-09-15 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: u-boot

Thank you
My only question now is how do I set the AES key I though this would be an option in kconfig as well or is this an option for the command itself?

Cedrick Kukela
Software Engineer