From: Jeffrey Lien <Jeff.Lien@wdc.com>
To: linux-nvme <linux-nvme@lists.infradead.org>,
	Keith Busch <kbusch@kernel.org>
Cc: Kenneth Burgener <Kenneth.Burgener@wdc.com>,
	Randy Bates <randall.bates@wdc.com>
Subject: NVMe-CLI issue on Ubuntu 18.04 Kernel
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:21:01 +0000	[thread overview]

We are seeing the following error message when executing the "nvme list" command on Ubuntu 18.04 with the 4.15.0 kernel:
root@lmt-store-17:~/.src/nvme-cli-old# nvme list
Failed to open /sys/class/nvme-subsystem/nvme-subsys0/nvme0/address: No such file or directory

It does not seem to effect the completion of the command; it's just extra noise back from the command.  I'm not sure why the address is not present with the 4.15.0 kernel, but also not sure what it's used for by the nvme cli code.  It's referenced in the scan_ctrl function in nvme-topology.c part but I don't think it's used by any other functions.   Is it ok to just remove the reference to the address attribute in the the nvme cli code?  Or is there a better fix for this issue?

Jeff Lien
Linux Device Driver Development
Device Host Apps and Drivers
jeff.lien@wdc.com