* [tpm2] Re: Using a session with TPM2_CreatePrimary
@ 2022-06-26 23:32 Desai, Imran
From: Desai, Imran @ 2022-06-26 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

That’s right, it needs to be added for createprimary. Having said that, if your tpm supports createloaded, you can use tpm2_create tool  to create a primary object as well.
________________________________
From: Shaw, Adrian @ 2022-07-01 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Thanks, William and Imran. I'll have a look at using your suggestion instead.

That's right, it needs to be added for createprimary. Having said that, if your tpm supports createloaded, you can use tpm2_create tool  to create a primary object as well.
________________________________
I'm pretty sure it's just missing; we haven't enabled session support throughout all the tools yet. Imran am I correct?
________________________________
I'm trying to create a primary key using an authenticated and encrypted session.

I looked at the man page for tpm2_createprimary https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/blob/1226b5333e0f051edf67739743a68f668f9ba07a/man/tpm2_createprimary.1.md<https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/blob/1226b5333e0f051edf67739743a68f668f9ba07a/man/tpm2_createprimary.1.md>

It does not seem to be possible - there is no way to specify the session to use.

However, it is possible to do this in the IBM TSS equivalent https://www.mankier.com/1/tsscreateprimary<https://www.mankier.com/1/tsscreateprimary>

I noticed you can specify a session for other commands though, like tpm2_create, but not with tpm2_createprimary.

Is this a missing feature or am I missing some fundamental understanding?

Thanks,
Adrian

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 6119 bytes --]

* [tpm2] Re: Using a session with TPM2_CreatePrimary
@ 2022-06-26 22:31 Roberts, William C
From: Roberts, William C @ 2022-06-26 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2