* How to enable direct IO of sg driver?
@ 2020-06-29  3:15 zackjtl
From: zackjtl @ 2020-06-29  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm using a Yocto image (a branch of 2.0 Jethro) on my wandboard (an ev-board of an iMX6 SoC) and I would like to write a C code to access the USB storage device via sg driver.

Since I need to access the logical blocks of the storage directly instead of transferring through kernel buffer, I attempted to change the */proc/scsi/sg/allow_dio* flag (which is on the pseudo file system) introduced by the document Linux Version 3 SCSI Generic Driver ( http://sg.danny.cz/sg/s_packet.html ) , but I can't find the folder */proc/scsi/sg* in the file system.

I think the *sg* module has been loaded on the running system because I can operate to the USB storage with the indirect method (but that's not appropriate to my demand).

Is there a alternate way to enable the direct IO or could make /proc/scsi/sg appears?

Sincerely