* RE: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-24 12:32 Jordan, Kyle
From: Jordan, Kyle @ 2005-06-24 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j.lu; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

> The driver works quite good for control/bulk/interrupts, but we=20
> can't make it work with our eagle-usb driver for isochronous. We=20
> are still debugging it. If you have some informations about=20
> isochronous that may help us we'll be grateful for it.

The function fnvProcessSofItlInt is called every 1 ms.  It handles the
scheduling of isochronous data.  This is where you should start looking
(if you haven't already).  This is the same function that schedules
isochronous data in the driver from Denx, however it also schedules
control/bulk/interrupt endpoints in that driver.  My intent was to rip
out the way control/bulk/interrupt endpoints were handled in that driver
and have them handled differently.  I was hoping I did not affect the
way isochronous endpoints were handled, but I must have.  Take a look at
the fnvProcessSofItlInt function in the driver from Denx.  The driver I
modified should be very similar in the way the driver from Denx handles
isochronous endpoints, but I obviously changed something.  Could you let
me know if you get it working?
=20
Thanks,
  Kyle Jordan

* RE: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-24  7:42 Jianliang Lu
From: Jianliang Lu @ 2005-06-24  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan, Kyle; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Thank you Jordan.
The driver works quite good for control/bulk/interrupts, but we
can't make it work with our eagle-usb driver for isochronous. We
are still debugging it. If you have some informations about
isochronous that may help us we'll be grateful for it.

Best regards,

Jianliang Lu

From: "Jordan, Kyle" <kylej@aiinet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:54:35 -0400

>> yes I would be really, really gratefully if you could send me
the
>> source.
>
>Ok, I've attached the source.  We have never tested isochronous
>endpoints though.  However I don't think I modified the section
that
>controls isochronous data, so hopefully it still works.  I did
change
>the names of the files, but they still go in drivers/usb/hcd or
>drivers/usb/host, depending on the version of the kernel.  I did
have
>some statistics on some throughput tests I ran, but I can't seem
to find
>those now.  If I come across them, I'll send them to you.  Let me
know
>how this works.
>
>> The adsl modem we are using is a eagle chipset modem, based on
>> eagle-usb project. The modem could be Sagem or aethra on ADI
eagle
>> chipset.
>
>Thanks, I think we are looking at the same chipset.  However we
plan on
>using the ethernet option instead of the USB option because it
will be
>slightly cheaper for us to do (at this time).
>

>- Kyle

* Re: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-22 20:00 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-06-22 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan, Kyle; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

In message <C0170D0AF1277849A4B4518034F855DD0F918D@aiexchange.ai.aiinet.com> you wrote:

> 	I had similar issues with control/bulk/interrupt endpoints with
> the ISP1362 host controller driver from DENX.  I went ahead and added
> better support for control/bulk/interrupt endpoints.  I could send you a
> copy of the source if you like.  The driver is being used on an MPC880,

Maybe you can send me a copy of your patch so we can  include  it  in
our tree? Thanks.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
If I ever needed a brain transplant, I'd choose a teenager's  because
I'd want a brain that had never been used.

* RE: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-22 12:06 Jianliang Lu

From: "Jordan, Kyle" <kylej@aiinet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:40:44 -0400

>Jianliang Lu,
>
>> the device is a adsl modem, it works correctly in other linux
>> systems with kernel 2.4.2x. The problem is that the isp1362
driver
>> seems that supports only isochronous endpoints. We are
>> implementing the code to support also control/bulk/interrupt
>> endpoints.
>
>	I had similar issues with control/bulk/interrupt endpoints
with
>the ISP1362 host controller driver from DENX.  I went ahead and
added
>better support for control/bulk/interrupt endpoints.  I could
send you a
>copy of the source if you like.  The driver is being used on an
MPC880,
>with the 2.4.21 kernel.  Also, what ADSL modem are using?  We are
>looking into a solution requiring an ADSL modem and the one you
are
>using may be a good solution for us also.
>
>- Kyle

* RE: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-22 11:40 Jordan, Kyle
From: Jordan, Kyle @ 2005-06-22 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j.lu; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Jianliang Lu,

@ 2005-06-22  7:00 Jianliang Lu
From: Jianliang Lu @ 2005-06-22  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j.lu, Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Hi,
the device is a adsl modem, it works correctly in other linux
systems with kernel 2.4.2x. The problem is that the isp1362 driver
seems that supports only isochronous endpoints. We are
implementing the code to support also control/bulk/interrupt
endpoints.

Regards,
Jianliang Lu

From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:18:34 +0200

>Hello,
>
>in message <200506211648.AA102695630@tiesse.com> you wrote:
>>
>> sorry for my persistence, now I try to go to more detail:
>
>I'm afraid I can't help much. The only board with a  ISP1362  I
have
>access  to at the moment has just the device interface equipped,
so I
>cannot run any real tests on the host port.
>
>> Jan  1 01:01:30 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on
>> bus2/2, assigned device number 2
>> Jan  1 01:01:33 IMOLA kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
>> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA last message repeated 4 times
>> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: couldn't get all of config
>> descriptors
>> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: unable to get device 2
>> configuration (error=-110)
>
>Which sort of device is it what you connected? Are  you  sure
it  is
>working  under  Linux at all? Did you test it on a standard x86
Linux
>PC with a 2.4.2x kernel?
>

>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk
>
>--
>Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded
Linux
>Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
wd@denx.de
>A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change
the
>subject.                                          - Winston
Churchill

* Re: isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-21 20:18 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-06-21 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j.lu; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Hello,

in message <200506211648.AA102695630@tiesse.com> you wrote:

> sorry for my persistence, now I try to go to more detail:

I'm afraid I can't help much. The only board with a  ISP1362  I  have
access  to at the moment has just the device interface equipped, so I
cannot run any real tests on the host port.

> Jan  1 01:01:30 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on
> bus2/2, assigned device number 2
> Jan  1 01:01:33 IMOLA kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA last message repeated 4 times
> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: couldn't get all of config
> descriptors
> Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: unable to get device 2
> configuration (error=-110)

Which sort of device is it what you connected? Are  you  sure  it  is
working  under  Linux at all? Did you test it on a standard x86 Linux
PC with a 2.4.2x kernel?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change  the
subject.                                          - Winston Churchill

* isp1362 usb driver
@ 2005-06-21 14:48 Jianliang Lu
From: Jianliang Lu @ 2005-06-21 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wd; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Dear Wolfhang,
sorry for my persistence, now I try to go to more detail:
I've downloaded the driver from denx, that is part of kernel-
2.4.25, files isp1362-ctl.c, isp1362-ep1.c isp1362-ep2.c, isp1362-
ctl.h, hcd-1161.c and hcd-1161.h. But after it was installed we
have had problems on bulk/control during the initializing.

Following are logs:
---
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: isp1362-HC Initialization Successful
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 1, portstatus 100,
change 0, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 101,
change 1, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2 connection change
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 101,
change 1, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:29 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 101,
change 0, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:30 IMOLA last message repeated 3 times
Jan  1 01:01:30 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 103,
change 10, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:30 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on
bus2/2, assigned device number 2
Jan  1 01:01:33 IMOLA kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA last message repeated 4 times
Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: couldn't get all of config
descriptors
Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: unable to get device 2
configuration (error=-110)
Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 103,
change 10, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:01:45 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on
bus2/2, assigned device number 3
Jan  1 01:01:48 IMOLA kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
Jan  1 01:02:00 IMOLA last message repeated 4 times
Jan  1 01:02:00 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: couldn't get all of config
descriptors
Jan  1 01:02:00 IMOLA kernel: usb.c: unable to get device 3
configuration (error=-110)
Jan  1 01:02:00 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 1, portstatus 100,
change 0, 12 Mb/s
Jan  1 01:02:00 IMOLA kernel: hub.c: port 2, portstatus 101,
change 0, 12 Mb/s
---

Best regards,
Jianliang Lu