* RadosGW Quota
@ 2013-02-07 19:21 Holcombe, Christopher
From: Holcombe, Christopher @ 2013-02-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Does the RadosGW have the ability to limit how much data clients(users) can upload to it?  I'm looking for a way to implement quotas in case someone decides to upload the world on my cluster and break it

-Chris

________________________________

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged, proprietary or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me via reply email or at (800) 927-9800 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout.

* Re: RadosGW Quota
@ 2013-02-07 20:52 ` Yehuda Sadeh
From: Yehuda Sadeh @ 2013-02-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Holcombe, Christopher; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Holcombe, Christopher
<cholcomb@cscinfo.com> wrote:
> Does the RadosGW have the ability to limit how much data clients(users) can upload to it?  I'm looking for a way to implement quotas in case someone decides to upload the world on my cluster and break it

Currently there is no way to do that. Due to the distributed nature of
the system, it's not an easy task. There's no single place that holds
the total size that a single client consume, and adding such a counter
would be a contention point and would have real performance impact.

I think the solution would be in relaxing the real-time quota
requirements. That is, there will be a system in place that will
periodically check and see how much data every user consumes, and if a
user passes a certain threshold a flag will be set on its account.
Then when that user will try to write some more data it'll be denied.
When that user remove some data, its status will be rechecked in order
to be able to clear that flag when needed. In any case, the periodic
check will also need to check flagged users, in order to take care of
racy removals.

If anyone wants to tackle this issue I'd be happy to assist.

Yehuda