* Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-06 17:24 Abhishek Lekshmanan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2018-02-06 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Matt Benjamin, Durgin,
	Josh, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason, Sage Weil, Yuri Weinstein,
	Patrick Donnelly

These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1

Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-06 17:56 ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2018-02-06 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Matt Benjamin, Durgin,
	Josh, John Spray, Sage Weil, Yuri Weinstein, Patrick Donnelly

RBD is good-to-go.

--
Jason

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-06 18:10 ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2018-02-06 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Matt Benjamin, Durgin,

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
>
> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?

For CephFS:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20339
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20340
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20341
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20342
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20300
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20249
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20256
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20299

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-06 20:31   ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2018-02-06 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, Durgin, Josh, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason,
	Sage Weil

Patrick

Ack testing those

@ 2018-02-07 22:57     ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2018-02-07 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, Durgin, Josh, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason,
	Sage Weil

OK I see no PRs in the queue left =>
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
(https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20338 is waiting for approval/merge
by Yehuda)

Abhishek, waiting for dev leads final approval and confirmation that
no PRs left and "go ahead" from you to start formal QE validation.

Thx
YuriW

@ 2018-02-08  1:57 ` Josh Durgin
From: Josh Durgin @ 2018-02-08  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason, Sage Weil,

On 02/06/2018 09:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
>
> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?

rados is ready.

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 16:33   ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2018-02-08 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Durgin, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,

Josh Durgin <jdurgin@redhat.com> writes:

> On 02/06/2018 09:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
>>
>> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
>> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?

Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?

Thanks,
Abhishek

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 16:56     ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-02-08 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Josh Durgin, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason, Yuri Weinstein,
	Patrick Donnelly

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
> Josh Durgin <jdurgin@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On 02/06/2018 09:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
> >> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
> >> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
> >>
> >> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
> >> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?
>
> Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?

I think so!
sage

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 17:58     ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2018-02-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Josh Durgin, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, John Spray, Dillaman, Jason, Sage Weil,
	Yuri Weinstein

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Josh Durgin <jdurgin@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> On 02/06/2018 09:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>>> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
>>>
>>> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
>>> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?
>
> Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?

CephFS is ready.

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 18:04       ` Andrew Schoen
From: Andrew Schoen @ 2018-02-08 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Josh Durgin, Ceph Development,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Matt Benjamin, John Spray, Dillaman,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>> Josh Durgin <jdurgin@redhat.com> writes:

>> Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?
>
> I think so!
> sage

Sage, do you think this will get in? https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19939

ceph-volume's --crush-device-class flag now depends on that PR.

Thanks,
Andrew

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 18:41         ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-02-08 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Schoen
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Josh Durgin, Ceph Development,

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Andrew Schoen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?
> >
> > I think so!
> > sage
>
> Sage, do you think this will get in? https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19939
>
> ceph-volume's --crush-device-class flag now depends on that PR.

I addressed Kefu's test concern and pushed a built to test against master.
If we include it in .3 it'd be last minute; inclined to wait and get .3
testing going!

sage

* Re: Luminous v12.2.3 approvals
@ 2018-02-08 20:18           ` Abhishek L
From: Abhishek L @ 2018-02-08 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil
  Cc: Andrew Schoen, Abhishek Lekshmanan, Josh Durgin,
	Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Matt Benjamin,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:41 PM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Andrew Schoen wrote:

>> > I think so!
>> > sage
>>
>> Sage, do you think this will get in? https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19939
>>
>> ceph-volume's --crush-device-class flag now depends on that PR.
>
> I addressed Kefu's test concern and pushed a built to test against master.
> If we include it in .3 it'd be last minute; inclined to wait and get .3
> testing going!

Great! Yuri this means that we can start final round of QE on luminous,
I've pushed to luminous-rc in ceph/ceph with the current tip of luminous at

22c6b1d3d6bbc7ee466fddd3af13bcdb7f0c9a55

Best,
Abhishek

@ 2018-02-08 21:55             ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2018-02-08 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L
  Cc: Sage Weil, Andrew Schoen, Josh Durgin, Ceph Development,

On 2018-02-08 21:18, Abhishek L wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:41 PM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Sage, do you think this will get in?
>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19939
>>>
>>> ceph-volume's --crush-device-class flag now depends on that PR.
>>
>> I addressed Kefu's test concern and pushed a built to test against
>> master.
>> If we include it in .3 it'd be last minute; inclined to wait and get
>> .3
>> testing going!
>
> Great! Yuri this means that we can start final round of QE on luminous,
> I've pushed to luminous-rc in ceph/ceph with the current tip of
> luminous at
>
> 22c6b1d3d6bbc7ee466fddd3af13bcdb7f0c9a55

We're not yet ready for moving to the rc approach yet, so Luminous
branch shall be deemed frozen until release. Please avoid any merges to
Luminous branch

Best,
Abhishek

@ 2018-02-09  9:01     ` John Spray
From: John Spray @ 2018-02-09  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Josh Durgin, Ceph Development, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Matt Benjamin, Dillaman, Jason, Sage Weil, Yuri Weinstein,
	Patrick Donnelly

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Josh Durgin <jdurgin@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> On 02/06/2018 09:24 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>>> These are the current list of PRs currently undergoing/waiting QE for Luminous v12.2.3
>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/labels/luminous-batch-1
>>>
>>> Assuming teuthology is happy with these, leads, are we ready to cut
>>> 12.2.3 or are there more PRs that we need to wait for?
>
> Sage, John, Patrick, Yehuda/Matt, are we good to handover to QE?

OK here.

John