* Re: Build Breaks on x86_64 allmodconfig
       [not found] <55EF5CE9.2030007@gmail.com>
@ 2015-09-08 22:12 ` Linus Torvalds
       [not found]   ` <55EF5DA1.7070908@gmail.com>
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2015-09-08 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM, nick <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings David and Others,
> I am getting the below build warnings and build failure after the merge of today on
> my machine with a x86_64 allmodconfig configuration.

You'll need to install the openssl-devel package (or whatever it is
called on the distro you use)

              Linus

@ 2015-09-08 22:44     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2015-09-08 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM, nick <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am assuming we are moving to ssl verification then I take it.

No, it's just that the signature was previously added with a perl
script that actually executed "openssl rsautl" as a subprocess. So we
used to use openssl before too, just not the libraries but the openssl
binary.

So the kernel used to need the "openssl" package, and you just had
that installed for other reasons.

That perl script is now a C program that uses openssl-devel instead
(and does more and different things than the perl script did). So now
the build needs openssl-devel.

                    Linus