From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: James Hogan <james.hogan@imgtec.com>
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>,
	linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] MIPS fixes for 4.10
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:49:19 -0800	[thread overview]

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:06 AM, James Hogan <james.hogan@imgtec.com> wrote:

> I've gathered together some of the more important fixes that it'd be
> good to get into 4.10. They're mostly build fixes, with a few runtime
> fixes too.

So quite frankly, I've been ignoring MIPS pull requests lately,
because I got fed up with the "never honors the merge window" part.

Not taking a pull request is the only way I can really show my
displeasure with the fact that area consistently ignores all the
release timing.

I'll happily take a MIPS pull request during the next merge window.
But it needs to actually do the right thing: not just coming in at a
timely point (not at the last day of the merge window or some time
very late in the rc series), but  also that it hasn't just been
rebased, it's actually been in -next etc.

Of course, sending pull requests for the merge window *early* is fine,
so sending me stuff for the upcoming merge window for 4.11 this week
is just showing that things are all lines up in time (still assuming
the -next thing etc).

But until I see that kind of "maintainer actually bothers to work with
the right process", I'm going to continue to ignore MIPS pull
requests.

             Linus