* [GIT PULL] MIPS fixes for 4.10
@ 2017-02-16 13:06 ` James Hogan
From: James Hogan @ 2017-02-16 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: Ralf Baechle, linux-mips, James Hogan

Hi Linus,

Ralf is travelling for a couple of weeks, and has asked me to take care
of maintainer duties and the main MIPS 4.11 pull request while he's not
around [1].

I've gathered together some of the more important fixes that it'd be
good to get into 4.10. They're mostly build fixes, with a few runtime
fixes too.

Please consider pulling,

Thanks
James

[1] https://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2017-02/msg00188.html

The following changes since commit 566cf877a1fcb6d6dc0126b076aad062054c2637:

  Linux 4.10-rc6 (2017-01-29 14:25:17 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/mips.git tags/mips_fixes_4.10

for you to fetch changes up to c3ea245e2a92d9107e8690b9b1958b9a8f87a598:

  MIPS: ip27: Disable qlge driver in defconfig (2017-02-15 10:22:02 +0000)

MIPS fixes for 4.10

A selection of MIPS build and runtime fixes for 4.10:

- fix longstanding 64-bit IP checksum carry bug
- fix Octeon large copy_from_user corner case
- fix xway ethernet packet header corruption over reboot
- fix various build errors, in ip27, xway, ralink, and pic32mzda
  platforms
- fix generic (multiplatform) big endian kernels
- fix weak uprobes function that should have been strong

Arnd Bergmann (5):
      MIPS: VDSO: avoid duplicate CAC_BASE definition
      MIPS: Lantiq: Fix another request_mem_region() return code check
      MIPS: ralink: Remove unused timer functions
      MIPS: ralink: Remove unused rt*_wdt_reset functions
      MIPS: ip27: Disable qlge driver in defconfig

Felix Fietkau (1):
      MIPS: Lantiq: Keep ethernet enabled during boot

James Cowgill (1):
      MIPS: OCTEON: Fix copy_from_user fault handling for large buffers

Marcin Nowakowski (1):
      MIPS: uprobes: Remove __weak attribute from arch_uprobe_copy_ixol.

Matt Redfearn (1):
      MIPS: Generic: Fix big endian CPUs on generic machine

Purna Chandra Mandal (1):
      MIPS: pic32mzda: Fix linker error for pic32_get_pbclk()

Ralf Baechle (1):
      MIPS: Fix special case in 64 bit IP checksumming.

 arch/mips/Kconfig                        |  1 +
 arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-memcpy.S  | 20 ++++++++++++--------
 arch/mips/configs/ip27_defconfig         |  1 -
 arch/mips/include/asm/checksum.h         |  2 ++
 arch/mips/include/asm/mach-ip27/spaces.h |  6 ++++--
 arch/mips/kernel/uprobes.c               |  2 +-
 arch/mips/lantiq/xway/sysctrl.c          | 12 ++++++------
 arch/mips/pic32/pic32mzda/Makefile       |  5 ++---
 arch/mips/ralink/rt288x.c                | 10 ----------
 arch/mips/ralink/rt305x.c                | 11 -----------
 arch/mips/ralink/rt3883.c                | 10 ----------
 arch/mips/ralink/timer.c                 | 14 --------------

* [GIT PULL] MIPS fixes for 4.10
@ 2017-02-16 13:06 ` James Hogan
From: James Hogan @ 2017-02-16 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: Ralf Baechle, linux-mips, James Hogan

[...]

* Re: [GIT PULL] MIPS fixes for 4.10
  (?)
@ 2017-02-16 16:49 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2017-02-16 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Hogan; +Cc: Ralf Baechle, linux-mips

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:06 AM, James Hogan <james.hogan@imgtec.com> wrote:

> I've gathered together some of the more important fixes that it'd be
> good to get into 4.10. They're mostly build fixes, with a few runtime
> fixes too.

So quite frankly, I've been ignoring MIPS pull requests lately,
because I got fed up with the "never honors the merge window" part.

Not taking a pull request is the only way I can really show my
displeasure with the fact that area consistently ignores all the
release timing.

I'll happily take a MIPS pull request during the next merge window.
But it needs to actually do the right thing: not just coming in at a
timely point (not at the last day of the merge window or some time
very late in the rc series), but  also that it hasn't just been
rebased, it's actually been in -next etc.

Of course, sending pull requests for the merge window *early* is fine,
so sending me stuff for the upcoming merge window for 4.11 this week
is just showing that things are all lines up in time (still assuming
the -next thing etc).

But until I see that kind of "maintainer actually bothers to work with
the right process", I'm going to continue to ignore MIPS pull
requests.

             Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] MIPS fixes for 4.10
@ 2017-02-16 18:03   ` James Hogan