* [ath9k-devel] Logging Packet Rates
@ 2015-02-23 17:55 Sunny Mistry
From: Sunny Mistry @ 2015-02-23 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to log the rates at which receiving
packets come in at.

Thanks!

Sunny Mistry
B.S/M.S Computer Science
University at Buffalo, 2016
sunnymis at buffalo.edu
Cell: 516-455-3799
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Logging Packet Rates
@ 2015-02-24 11:16 ` Pieter ROBYNS
From: Pieter ROBYNS @ 2015-02-24 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi Sunny,

Yes, if you put your device in monitor mode and parse the Radiotap header,
you can derive the data rate. For 802.11n, you need to combine multiple
fields because the data rate not only depends on the MCS but on the channel
width and guard interval length as well. It might be helpful to check the
Wireshark source code in this case.

Kind regards,
Pieter Robyns

@ 2015-02-24 21:22   ` Sunny Mistry
From: Sunny Mistry @ 2015-02-24 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi Pieter,

Is there anyway I can check the receive rate in AP/Master mode?

Thanks,

Sunny Mistry
B.S/M.S Computer Science
University at Buffalo, 2016
sunnymis at buffalo.edu
Cell: 516-455-3799

@ 2015-02-24 22:33     ` Pieter Robyns
From: Pieter Robyns @ 2015-02-24 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi Sunny,

Yes, you can add a new virtual monitor mode interface, for example with the
"iw" tool, and run your master mode interface in parallel.

Kind regards,
Pieter Robyns

@ 2015-02-26  0:23       ` Sunny Mistry
From: Sunny Mistry @ 2015-02-26  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Pieter,

I will try this out. Thanks for the help!

Best,

Sunny Mistry
B.S/M.S Computer Science
University at Buffalo, 2016