* Building mesa uses hosts wayland-scanner instead of version from sysroot
@ 2014-07-02  7:48 Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2014-07-02  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Hi,

I noticed differences when building mesa on my local machine and on
one of our build servers. It failed on my local host due to errors in
the generated wayland-drm-client-protocol.h but worked on the build
server. Examining log.do_compile I noticed that it uses
wayland-scanner from /usr/bin/ on both machines instead of using the
one present in the sysroot, so I guess it works due to luck on one
machine.

If I make /usr/bin/wayland-scanner a symlink to the version in the
sysroot it builds ok.

Can anyone else verify if their mesa builds uses the hosts
wayland-scanner? And does anyone the proper way to convince mesa to
use the sysroot version?

(I'm using daisy, so mesa 9.2.5)

Cheers,
Erik

* Re: Building mesa uses hosts wayland-scanner instead of version from sysroot
@ 2014-07-02 11:07 ` Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2014-07-02 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Short update:

It appears I have two machines where the configure script find
wayland-scanner in /usr/bin and one machine where it actually find the
correct one in the sysroot. The difference seems to be that the
machine where it works doesn't have a wayland-scanner in /usr/bin/,
for some reason the one in /usr/bin gets chosen before the sysroot
version when available.

Cheers,
Erik

--
Erik Botö
M.Sc.E.E.

Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)768 817 203
E-Mail: erik.boto@pelagicore.com

PELAGICORE Experience Change