* [Xenomai] Xenomai on qemu
@ 2016-01-25  4:35 Mathew Benson
From: Mathew Benson @ 2016-01-25  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

I created a Petalinux build with the 4.0.0 kernel and Xenomai 3.0.1 from
the stable branch.  I'm running in Qemu, temporarily, until my board
arrives.  The first time it booted, it paused at:

[Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
[Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.

for about 30 seconds.  But it eventually booted up.  As far as I can tell,
everything looked good.  The kernel self reported xenomai 3.0.1.  I
commanded a poweroff and restarted qemu.  This time it paused at the same
line but never came back.  The host CPU is pegged.

I'm fairly confident this is a qemu issue.  What is the CPU doing at that
"Head domain Xenomai registered" step?  The menuconfig menu said I had some
options enabled that were known to be incompatible with Xenomai (APM, ACPI,
etc...), but I thought I turned those all off.

* Re: [Xenomai] Xenomai on qemu
@ 2016-01-26 21:21 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2016-01-26 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathew Benson; +Cc: xenomai

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:35:13PM -0600, Mathew Benson wrote:
> I created a Petalinux build with the 4.0.0 kernel and Xenomai 3.0.1 from
> the stable branch.  I'm running in Qemu, temporarily, until my board
> arrives.  The first time it booted, it paused at:
>
> [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
> I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
>
> for about 30 seconds.  But it eventually booted up.  As far as I can tell,
> everything looked good.  The kernel self reported xenomai 3.0.1.  I
> commanded a poweroff and restarted qemu.  This time it paused at the same
> line but never came back.  The host CPU is pegged.
>
> I'm fairly confident this is a qemu issue.  What is the CPU doing at that
> "Head domain Xenomai registered" step?  The menuconfig menu said I had some
> options enabled that were known to be incompatible with Xenomai (APM, ACPI,
> etc...), but I thought I turned those all off.

If you have CONFIG_NO_HZ enabled, disable it. This will be fixed in
the next version of Xenomai.

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org

* Re: [Xenomai] Xenomai on qemu
@ 2016-01-26 23:46   ` Mathew Benson
From: Mathew Benson @ 2016-01-26 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

I'll try tonight.  FYI, I found if I just mash the keyboard when it hits
that spot in the boot process, it quickly jumps through it.